INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SmartList Problem with Rio Forge  (Read 1851 times)

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
SmartList Problem with Rio Forge
« on: July 29, 2005, 07:32:51 pm »

I am having several issues with MC 11.0.309 and a Rio Forge, a flash player visible as USB Mass Storage.

I can generate, say, the "one hour random" SmartList. However, when I drag and drop it to the device, although the files get transferred correctly, the generated .m3u file on the device is rubbish, displaying only periods on each line.

Is this expected behaviour, or a bug?
Irish guy in San Francisco

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: SmartList Problem with Rio Forge
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 08:28:22 am »

Did you let MC autodetect the Forge, or did you manually create an entry using 'Tools->Options->Handheld->Configure remote and fixed drives?

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Autodetect not so good
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 07:39:44 pm »

Did you let MC autodetect the Forge, or did you manually create an entry using 'Tools->Options->Handheld->Configure remote and fixed drives?

No. The autodetect option didn't enable me to customize the directory placement, so I hid those options and created device profiles in the "Configure" sheet.

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Rio - No SmartLists
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 07:42:07 pm »

Can you successfully accomplish this using the Rio Music Manager software (thus eliminating the possibility of a Rio issue)?

Well, the Rio doesn't support SmartLists (except for one of those random-selection shuffle-based-on-frequency synch options). Both MC and the Rio thing can create and drop .M3Us onto the device - there just seems to be a problem with MC generating an on-device .M3U from its SmartList.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 12:10:52 pm »

No. The autodetect option didn't enable me to customize the directory placement, so I hid those options and created device profiles in the "Configure" sheet.

By default the files should go into a 'Music' directory. Is that incorrect?

If you reset the devices and allow MC to detect the forge, do the m3u playlists get constructed correctly?

meehawl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 05:48:30 pm »

By default the files should go into a 'Music' directory. Is that incorrect?

If you reset the devices and allow MC to detect the forge, do the m3u playlists get constructed correctly?

The OOTB Rio manager wants to drop the files into a /Music directory, but MC was generating relative-path .M3U playlists that the Rio device didn't like parsing on startup. So I disabled the Music directory. All files, from both Rio and MC, get dropped into the root of the device. On startup, it checks its on-odevice database  of tracks and playlists and updates as required. The /Music directory does not seem to be a requirement.

I may try with the default setup again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up