INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Privacy Policy / scanning & submitting of data  (Read 1108 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
Re: Privacy Policy / scanning & submitting of data
« on: July 31, 2005, 01:12:53 pm »

Unfortunately, the original "Privacy Policy" thread got closed, so i had to open a new one. The text on Download.com (link in the original thread) reads kinda strange, and i do not fully understand what was / is going on.

JRiver developers / managers, could you please answer these questions:
- is is true that MC is gathering data from my harddrive, and is sending it "home" (to JRiver)?
- if this is true, what kind of data is gathered, how often is this happening, and who is receiving the data?

I've been using (registered) MC for over three years now, and never was aware that something like data collection and submission by MC might be going on - so i just wonder if this is really the case. Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:28:05 pm »

I'm a fairly new user to MC and I'm VERY sensitive to this kind of thing, and I haven't seen ANY indication of this going on.  Far more knowledgable users responded on the previous thread in very very strong terms that this was a bogus claim. 

Quoting ADDiCT:
"The text on Download.com (link in the original thread) reads kinda strange"

That was my impression, and I could not have said it better.  These two guys do not sound coherent, and if you read their ramblings carefully, you'll see that they appear to be trying to pay off some old grudges against jriver management, apparently for editing their posts.  I would point out that this is jriver's forum, and they're paying the bills here.

I would like to see jriver respond more strongly, but they're going to do it their way.  I read their privacy policy, and it seems fine.  In the meantime, the fact that we're all worried about this means those knuckleheads have had an effect.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 01:29:22 pm »

- is is true that MC is gathering data from my harddrive, and is sending it "home" (to JRiver)?

No
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up