INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I create this smartlist? - Yes!!  (Read 1444 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Can I create this smartlist? - Yes!!
« on: July 31, 2005, 04:47:13 pm »

I have MC set up for syncing to my Zen by creating a custom tag field called Zen.  If the field contains "yes", the file is put in a smartlist called ZenSync with the rule "zen=yes"   When I want to put an album on the Zen, I populate the tag with yes, and clear the tag when I want to remove it.  So when I sync, everything in ZenSync gets synced.  Nothing too radical there.

But I have a couple of playlists, you know, "workout music" etc that I've created from various tracks I like.  However, if I just sync the playlist to my handheld, I get partial albums on it, which I don't like.

Is there a way to write a smartlist rule that, will take all the tracks in "Workout music" and then include in the smartlist the album that that track contains?  That way I'd have the complete album on the Zen for album listening, but would also have the custom playlist.  (Right now I'm accomplishing this by going through the playlist and manually making sure the entire album is tagged.)

Thanks, all.  Let me know if I need to clarify for you what it is I'm trying to do.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I create this smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 08:55:32 am »

Try adding the smartlist modifier for 'Full Albums'

Steve

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 10:46:22 am »

Thanks, Steve, I'll try that when (1) I'm home from work  ;D and (2) when the new power supply for the PC arrives   :-X

But I thought that the full albums modifier would limit the playlist to full albums?  Or does it pull the full album into a playlist that contains a track from an album?  The latter is what I'm looking for.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:02:15 am »

I think the latter.

Steve

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 01:49:40 pm »

I think the latter.

Steve

You're exactly right, Steve. 

Once I have my Workout playlist with my selected track from my MC Library, all I have to do is to create a smartlist that contains playlist=Workout with the modifier "Full Albums".

Then when I sync both playlists, I'll have my Workout playlist on the Zen, but the full albums that contain the playlist tracks will also be on the Zen.

Very cool!   ;D  You guys are too much!
All I have to is to create a copy of my partial album playlist and add that modifier to it, and I can ensure that full albums sync over while I still have the partial album playlist for workouts, etc.

Very cool feature, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up