INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Window  (Read 1254 times)

NY40Male

Player Window
« on: October 06, 2002, 07:57:23 am »

At One Time I Thought There Was A Way To Get Rid Of The Player From Showing...And Now I Can't Seem To Find It....Any Thoughts?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Player Window
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 09:04:25 am »

Hey NY40Male,

There should be little arrows on that bar between the tree and the right view you can click on...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NY40Male

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 02:03:13 pm »

Nope Dont See Diddly Squat And That Aint Bo Diddly

sekim

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 02:43:43 pm »

There should be little arrows on that bar between the tree and the right view you can click on...

One of my pet peeves about MJ. These need to get more attention drawn to them. I know they were screwing something up in MJ when they were black for a short time. But isn't there some way to make them standout?

NY40Male has been using MJ for some time now and they aren't all that obvious to him. What about a new user? Any chance something could be done in 9  to work around this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 02:52:05 pm »

Here's what it looks like:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 03:56:55 pm »

A pet peeve?

The more unnecessary a feature, the more we "hide" it.  Otherwise, MJ would be even more overwhelming and confusing to new users...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NY40Male

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 04:29:59 pm »

But If You Hit On The Arrow That Gets Rid Of The Tree View...I'm Trying To Make The Tree View Bigger..Don't Need The Player Showing...Seems To Me You Used To Be Able To Do It..Or Maybe It Was A Feature Of Version  7..Im Old I Can't Remember

sekim

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2002, 06:44:58 pm »

A pet peeve?

The more unnecessary a feature, the more we "hide" it.  Otherwise, MJ would be even more overwhelming and confusing to new users...

Matt,

The same is being used for 9 and file properties on the right hand side of the screen now. Are you saying that instant access to the file properties is an unnecessary feature? Funny, I thought that was the most useful feature of MJ. And, I would think, that most of the users would agree that is their main reason for getting MJ in the first place. Its ability to handle files in a fast and orderly process. That is something a new user would find helpful as well. Right out front, not buried somewhere in the bowels of MJ only to be discovered by accident.
Pages: [1]   Go Up