INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I Import my playlist from MC10... to MC11  (Read 1263 times)

basabasa

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
How do I Import my playlist from MC10... to MC11
« on: August 08, 2005, 11:01:22 am »

Hello Folks,
I just upgraded to MC 11 from MC10. But the new MC 11  did not load my existing playlist files that I had in MC 10. How do I import my old Playlists to MC 11

Basa...

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: How do I Import my playlist from MC10... to MC11
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 02:06:22 pm »

Did you try to do a backup of the library for version 10 and restore that into 11? That works.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 03:36:45 pm »

No, I didn't.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 04:36:41 pm »

Do you have MC10 still installed? If you have, make a library backup in MC10 (File > Library > Backup Library...) and restore the zip file in MC11. (File > Library > Restore Library).

I don't know how you upgraded, but if you don't have MC10 installed you may still have your previous .jmd library files on the HD. You need to find were they are. If found, you should backup the .jmd files at this stage. After that add a new library in File > Library > Library Manager. Write or paste the .jmd files folder path into "Location".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 04:58:47 pm »

This may be too late for you, but I have written some "safe upgrade" instructions. I think most of the possible upgrade problems could be avoided by following them. The links are here:

... The basic uninstall & clean install/upgrade instructions are in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27914.0. These instructions are safe and they should be enough. The tested instructions are in this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27914.msg194327#msg194327. However, you should read the whole thread. ...

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 02:08:47 am »

The problem is that if you haven't exported the original playlists they may not excist as "physical" (weird word about bits on a harddrive) playlists, but only in the MC10 library. If everything's uninstalled and deleted, it will be lost. But if you haven't manually deleted the MC10 directory, where the library is, you can probably still save them by installing MC10 again (no need to uninstall MC11) and then do a backup of the library.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 08:07:30 am »

I do not have MC 10 installed. I did let the upgrade program uninstalled it. But the MC10 directory is still there. I have seen the .jmd files. I will try your (Alex B) approach before trying Mastiff's approach reinstalling MC10. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up