INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charts and Multi-zone  (Read 990 times)

bjhat1

Charts and Multi-zone
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:29:07 am »

I have spent the last several months testing different media players and their corresponding databases.  I really like Media Center and I believe that this will be the system I buy.  I have a couple of questions that will help finalize my decision.

I know that I can add fields to the database (a great feature).  I would like to track multiple chart info on each song.  Do I need to add feilds for each different chart or can a linked database store this info?  Not every song is on a chart and that would be a lot of wasted space.  Can information links such as AMG reviews be stored in the database?

Multi-zone wireless support.  I use monkey audio files.  I would like to be able to access my music file from my stereo/media center interactively by a stereo/tv system remote contol to select songs/playlists and be able to update file information such as rating song preference.  I will want to extend this capability to video files next.
What do you recommend to solve this need.

Finally, is the forum the only means of support?

Thank-you. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Charts and Multi-zone
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 09:39:17 am »

Welcome to Interact.

1.  KingSparta has a plug-in for charts.  Its called Chart Finder.  You can read about it on the "Third Party...." board here or check his site: www.spartasoftware.com.

2.  I'm not sure what you're asking concerning multi-zone.  Some video formats will work.

This is it for support.  You'll find a lot of help here and its open 24 hours a day.

MC has a Help section.  The FAQ here is also a good source of information.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Charts and Multi-zone
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:15:09 pm »

1.  KingSparta has a plug-in for charts.  Its called Chart Finder.  You can read about it on the "Third Party...." board here or check his site: www.spartasoftware.com.

I just checked, it still works
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up