INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to initialize 60G iPod Photo  (Read 1178 times)

bytemyfoot

Unable to initialize 60G iPod Photo
« on: August 09, 2005, 07:25:24 pm »

I had a 40G iPod which I used with MC, no problem, then I upgraded to a 60G iPod Photo and I can't even get it to initialize in MC, whenever I try to access the iPod through MC, it shuts down and tried to send a windows error report.  Any thoughts?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to initialize 60G iPod Photo
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:27:22 pm »

Try browsing to your iPod_Control\iTunes directory in Explorer and delete your iTunesDB file.

Run MC and then right click on your iPod and select 'Initialize iPod. Your iPod will be clean and you should be able to go forward.

Steve

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 01:08:19 am »

I've had this problem after doing the same exact upgrade.  Are you also running Win98SE?  For some reason, the iPod Photo seems to need to be undocked so it can "realign" itself after the database files are modified.  Whenever I synchronize in MC and then click on the taskbar icon to unmount, the apple logo shows up for a few seconds and if I don't take it out of the dock immediately, then the "do not disconnect" screen shows up and I have to unmount it again.  Just let your iPod's menu be accessible after unmounting and then you can mount again.  Works for me, anyway.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 08:30:07 am »

ForsakenArdor,

Thanks for the tip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up