INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playlist?  (Read 792 times)

htpc_user

Video playlist?
« on: August 10, 2005, 02:39:00 pm »

MC newbie here...

I'm in the process of ripping all of my TV show DVD's into "single episode DVD's" using DVD Shrink.  .  ie-Seinfeld Season 1 Disc 1 becomes 4 DVD's..one for each episode.

Can MC create "video playlists?"  Say, "Seinfeld Season 1" or "My Favorite Seinfeld Episodes."
Also, can it intelligently create video playlists?  ie-"most watched" or "never watched."

Finally, what client devices support playing these video playlists using a wireless connection?

so basically the stuff we've all been doing with audio for a few years, but with video.

Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video playlist?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 05:33:45 pm »

MC newbie here...

Welcome!

I'm in the process of ripping all of my TV show DVD's into "single episode DVD's" using DVD Shrink.  .  ie-Seinfeld Season 1 Disc 1 becomes 4 DVD's..one for each episode.

Can MC create "video playlists?"  Say, "Seinfeld Season 1" or "My Favorite Seinfeld Episodes."
Also, can it intelligently create video playlists?  ie-"most watched" or "never watched."

Absolutely.  MC handles Video (and images for that matter) in exactly the same way it handles Audio.  It doesn't care what the media type is when it comes to "performing a search".  Check out the Smart Playlists and View Schemes information in the help file (which will be a great primer until you get into more difficult stuff).

One thing to consider though ... You can use View Schemes the same way you can Smart Playlists (the Edit View Scheme dialog contains a search bar that can have all the same criteria as the Smart Playlist one).  I actually don't use the Smart Playlists for much, but have View Schemes set up that perform searches instead.  This works just like Smart Playlists, but you get all the benefits of the View Schemes too (Populating the Tree and Column View modes for example).

Finally, what client devices support playing these video playlists using a wireless connection?

That question isn't for me, as I use MC on my HTPC connected directly to a TV.  I don't need any of those devices...  I know MC supports some of them though!  You probably want to take a look at the UPnP Server thread here, and maybe check out or post a question to one of the Device Feedback forums (the bottom ones).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up