INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: website creator plugin installation fails  (Read 2391 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
website creator plugin installation fails
« on: August 12, 2005, 11:34:02 am »

Used to run this plugin just fine but wiped computer and did a fresh O/S install a couple weeks ago.
Need to update site with new photos so went to install this plugin again.  It downloads the package from
http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/wscsetup.mjp
Then it goes into an installer.  Click the next button a couple of times and select and installation folder.
Then it comes up with an error that c:\temp\1\wscsetup.exe is missing.
That's true, there is no such file in that folder.
A search confirms it isn't anywhere else on my system either.

If nala is reading this can you reupload your plugin or email it directly to me?

eatmorepossum

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: website creator plugin installation fails
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 09:30:26 am »

I'm also trying to use this plugin.  Had trouble with it looking for the exe and not finding it.  opening the .mjp file in notepad gives the location of the wscSetup.exe.  So I downloaded that and ran the intall.  yippee i think its gonna work!  but then it hangs each time on installing fonts.  So i have to kill the installation process.  but hey look, there in my program files is website creator with a few files.  OK i register the register.reg and when i open mc11 i see the plugin in the plugin manager... but not down in the plug in configuration... why are there two places for plugins anyway?  But I digress... so i dont see any of the options describedin the readme file.  the only .exe in the directory is convert.exe and this does some kind of kung fu dos operation.  So then i visit the website listed on the plug in mangager for this particular plug in... not a whisper of jriver, or website creator to be found... somthing called picture fixer or somthing mentioned but even that has errors loading...

at anyrate.  i assume the install crapped out with the font installation and did not finish loading the rest of the files perhaps an exe to a gui?

Any suggestions?

eatmorepossum

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 09:55:49 am »

ok... i rebooted (using windows server 2k3) and made sure nothing was running (killed girder). and ran the install again... and it worked.  well it said installed successfully.  and i see an entry in my programs.  no exe to run... going to try and find it in jrmc interface... ok so now it says website creator could not be found or created but i can see it in my plug ins directory in the gui.  So its really only a matter of time now.  perhaps somthing got corruped by the several previous install attempts... will try uninstalling and reinstalling lather rinse repeat

eatmorepossum

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 10:08:17 am »

no dice... just says can't be found or created upon loading of mc11... then going to find it in teh plug in manager, its there.  but uninstalling starts an endless loop of can't find its.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 10:18:32 am »

The fact that MC can see it is just down the reg file you ran.
That just registers it with MC.
The fact that Media Center can't find the plugin when you then
click on it suggests the plugin hasn't registered itself.
Try and work out which DLL file is likely to be the main interface for the plugin
(Alternatively if the plugin was written with VB it may have a .OCX extension).
and then see if you can perform RegSvr32 on it using a command line.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 10:56:31 am »

Just tried it, it's an OCX indicating a VB plugin, but it still
don't work... hmm....

eatmorepossum

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 02:41:26 pm »

yeah the milks gone bad.  i dont think this thing works on mc11...
Pages: [1]   Go Up