INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow with a shared library  (Read 784 times)

lockeness

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Slow with a shared library
« on: August 14, 2005, 10:07:31 am »

I have 2 machines with MC.  I have set up the library on a shared network drive.  It works fine.  One machine has no performance issues.  But the other is horribly slow navigating the library and playlists.  I have played around with closing and opening them, but that does not seem to matter.  Any ideas on why the one machine is so slow?

Also, what is the rule as to which machine gets write access to the library?  Is it the first to connect? The Last?

Thanks

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Slow with a shared library
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 11:04:57 am »

There is no record locking.  Therefore opening the library with two computers at the same time is not supported.  You can share the library, but you must be certain that only one computer has it open.
For multiple simultaneous use of the library, read up on using the Library Server feature.

lockeness

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Slow with a shared library
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 05:03:28 pm »

I have been using a shared library for about a year.  I understand and have tried the server, but I have integrated MC with Meedio and this method just doesn't work.  By pointing all of my instances of MC to one shared library, I am able to access the library and files.  When it is time to update the library or rip a disc, I shut the instances of MC all down and then bring up the machine I am doing my work on.

Again, this has worked fine under v10.  Now under 12, the performance of the media player under this set up works, it is just very very slow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up