INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: confusion about DRM and streaming  (Read 1690 times)

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
confusion about DRM and streaming
« on: August 14, 2005, 10:00:59 pm »

Please clear up my confusion on the matter of DRM support. I have recently purchased the Dlink DSM-320 device. It has an interface with Napster that supports streaming of DRM protected files downloaded off Napster to the DSM, utilizing the Windows Media Connect program. I have been reading posts here saying that MC11 WILL work with that device, yet it WONT work with DRM files. Is this basically correct? Once I start streaming my music to the DSM, would I be relagated to using MC strictly for NON - DRM files, and have to use the DSM program for everything else??  Isnt there a way to use the MC Media Server function as the Media Server, and have Windows Media Connect and/or DSM pull material from it? ? Or something close to that?? Pretty Please??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: confusion about DRM and streaming
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:04:21 am »

I have been reading posts here saying that MC11 WILL work with that device, yet it WONT work with DRM files. Is this basically correct?
That's correct.  MC may support Windows Media Connect at some point, but right now there is something of a battle for standards going on.  We chose the UPnP path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up