INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualizations option disappeared  (Read 1931 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Visualizations option disappeared
« on: August 15, 2005, 01:30:50 pm »

So I noticed this with the release version of MC11 and I've upgraded to the latest version and still have the problem.

When I go to playing now and a song is playing, if I right-click on the Visualization screen menu bar, I used to be able to see all my choices for visualization (Cover Art, 3D Visualization, G-Force, etc.). But now I don't get any visualizations. Sometimes I get 3 choices -- QuickTime (don't know what that even does), Cover Art, and Track Info.

When I check my plug-ins settings, I have 3D Visualization and Visualizations installed, but they are not showing up. And even though I just downloaded and installed the latest version of G-Force, that's not showing up either.

The strange this is that on one my Track Info choices (Push's Aruba II? I think), it has a small screen that plays the visualization and it works there -- there is actually a visulazition playing. And I can right-click on that little screen and choose options (random, cycle, etc.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Visualizations option disappeared
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:11:17 pm »

Visualizations and DSP are only available for files that play using MC's native audio engine. (MP3, APE, WMA, OGG, WAV, etc.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 02:18:20 pm »

Matt, any chance this will change in the next release?  Specifically G-Force.  It has the ability to work with any audio input, even as a screen saver, so maybe you can work with them to implement this functionality into MC, even though some files are not native, maybe this can still work as a vis from within MC.

Hopefully so.

Thanks!!
pretend this is something funny

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 02:33:11 pm »

Visualizations and DSP are only available for files that play using MC's native audio engine. (MP3, APE, WMA, OGG, WAV, etc.)

Huh, imagine that. I assume that has always been true and I just never noticed before.

But, why do visualizations show up and play inside Push's Aruba II Track Info plug-in, but not in in the main screen?

spitzerone

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 05:57:06 pm »

I have the problem too but I don't know how to fix it. This is very frustrating. If the program weren't as good as it is, I'd scrap it and forget about it. But I just paid for the Platinum up-grade and I haven't gotten any respose from Sound Spectrum even by emailing Andy directly.
You only have one shot. You'd better make it count!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 10:55:50 pm »

Sorry if I'm not understanding, but I don't think there's a bug.

We can only show visualizations for files playing through our audio engine. (this includes most all files, except proprietary Apple files and a few others)

If you "force" MC into showing a visualization on a track info page for those non-standard files, it won't move with the music.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:22:04 am »

Matt, I don't think it's a bug.  I do understand that MC can only show visualizations for internally supported files (hopefully aac files can get internal support someday).

What I was hoping for was the ability for MC to use the G-Force standalone engine to show that vis within MC, as if it was internally supported.

the Platinum version of G-Force will visualize for any music source, independent of a music player (it will also run as a screen saver if you like).  I was hoping you could use this ability to run independent as a way to sort of run it seperately, but make it look and act as if it was internally aupported.

Does that make any sense?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 10:41:17 am »

I think the G-Force plug-in could have a configuration option for that. It could grab the input from the OS level audio driver instead of the MC's playback engine. You could ask that at the G-Force forum.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 10:47:44 am »

I'm pretty sure I can use G-Froce to display while listening to MC.

What I'm hoping for is the see G-Force act 'like normal' for non-supported file types from within MC.  I like to watch the vis while tagging and organizing and such, and don't wan't to use 2 programs to do that, if it can be helped.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 10:56:56 am »

I'm pretty sure I can use G-Froce to display while listening to MC.

What I'm hoping for is the see G-Force act 'like normal' for non-supported file types from within MC. I like to watch the vis while tagging and organizing and such, and don't wan't to use 2 programs to do that, if it can be helped.

Hmm... I meant exactly that. The option for selecting the "beat source" could be available in the MC's plug-in manager. The G-Force plug-in would start when playback is started, but it would bypass MC's audio engine and grab the information directly from the audio driver. Just like the stand-alone version does.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 06:19:52 pm »

I wonder if this issue is the cause in this case, as non-native file format is not the only possible cause for visis not to run.

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up