INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc11.exe doesn't work  (Read 2913 times)

Marcel de Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
mc11.exe doesn't work
« on: July 04, 2005, 04:03:06 am »

Hi,

I have problems with getting mc11.exe to work. I have searched for others post and tried all the suggestions without luck.

None of the commands work. Since 90% of my remote commands are using mc11.exe it is very important that I get it back to work again. Did the commands change??
Anyone any suggestions.

Thanks
Marcel

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: mc11.exe doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 04:21:16 pm »

this is almost unuseable atm.

particularly "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe /close"

It's been working just fine for me.  I use "/power" instead of "/close" in my remote configuration, along with a command that jumps direct to Playing now (I forget and would have to look at the script to figure out which one ... its one of the number ones).  They've been fine with recent builds...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Marcel de Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:25 am »

I tried to uninstall Media center and re-install it and mc11.exe works for a little while. Then for some reason it stops. Im not sure at which point it stops. I have lost my reference sheet with all the mc11 commands. Can anyone tell me where to find them so I can try some more things??

Marcel

Marcel de Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 11:06:17 am »

Ok some more information. I have mc running on my media computer and that is the one having problems. Then I have it running on my laptop for testing and that works fine(both running windows XP). If I look in windows task manager the program running on the server is called MEDIAC~1.EXE on my laptop it is called Media Center.Exe. If I run mc11 on my server I can see in task manager that it start and it also starts another instance of MEDIAC~1.EXE. If I run it on my laptop mc11.exe starts as well but no othet instance of Media Center.Exe.

Anyone an idea what is going on here???

Marcel

Marcel de Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 12:20:12 pm »

Ok disabled virus scanning software, nothing changed. What does help if I open the properties for Media Center.exe and change compatibility to windows 2000. If I start after that Media Center start up as media center.exe and not as Mediac~1.exe and everything works. Only rpoblem is if I do this I have other problems (performance problems running DVD's).

Marcel

Marcel de Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:46:21 pm »

Getting closer, as long as I don't use Media Bridge to start & stop MC everything is fine.
When using Media Bridge sometimes MC crashes when Media Bridge closes it. After this Media Center only starts up as MEDIAC~1. To resolve this I have to uninstall as reinstall MC. So what I do now is use scripts to start MC first and then launch media bridge. When shutting down first stop MC and the Media bridge.

jojo1967

• Recent member
  • I'm a music junkie
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 05:01:37 pm »

Has there been any resolve or ideas on this issue?  I just upgraded and have spent the better part of today trying to get girder to change the playlists... any further input to add?  I'm experienceing the same issues

jojo ?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 05:02:55 pm »

Which version of MC are you using?

j

jojo1967

• Recent member
  • I'm a music junkie
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 05:29:54 pm »

Which version of MC are you using?

j

11.0.309, the most recent downloaded either lastnight or this morning from the website.

EDIT:  Ok, I just found the link for 11.0.311 downloaded it, and all.  Everything is resolved now.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 03:52:57 pm »

Strange. On my system it wasn't working on 311. 312, on the other hand, fixed it.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 01:47:12 am »

I am getting no joy at all with MC11.exe, and my remote and automation depends on it also. The single thing that works is the command line "MC11.exe" itself- which simply opens MC11 as specified in startup options.

If I add ANY parameter, even a single forward slash, nothing happens at all. I'm trying to work from the list of command line parameters in Developer Zone; I'm not familiar with the number codes.

I simply need to know what command line to put into a Main Lobby button to start MC11 and play a particular playlist. Somebody please give me a hand.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:50:59 am »

Main Lobby I know nothing about, but what I use to play something from Girder is this:

c:\windows\system32\MC11.exe /PlayReplace "d:\Playlists\my playlist.m3u|zone=1"

Note that this fires the playlist in the second zone since the zones start at 0. You will probably have to experiment with the placement of the "s to get it working in Main Lobby, though.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up