INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD locations change after upgrading Windows  (Read 690 times)

plevesf1

• nothing more to say...
CD locations change after upgrading Windows
« on: October 04, 2002, 03:13:27 pm »

When I insert a CD already imported in my database and try to play it, I get message : "The CD labeled ... was not found".  It appears that all my CDs locations changed (for example, a CD registered as 0x83289647 changed to 0x47962883).  All this happened after I upgraded from Windows 98SE to Windows XP.

How come?  What can I do? (I don't want to import again my CDs...)

Thanks!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: CD locations change after upgrading Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 05:36:13 pm »

Hi Plevesf1,

Can you be a little more explicit about what you are doing? Which part of the tree are you clicking in to play? How do you know the "location"? And of course, the old standard: what version are you running?

Thanks,

j

plevesf1

• nothing more to say...
Re: CD locations change after upgrading Windows
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2002, 06:24:35 am »

CDs I'm talking about are data CDs with mp3 files, not audio cd.

I'm using a SCSI Plextor drive PX-40TIUW and MJ 8.0.372.

This problem happen when I click on entries of CDs appearing in every part of the tree, that is : "Album", "Artist/Album", "CD and DVD media", "File location" and "Genre/Artist/Album".  Of course, when I insert a CD in my drive and I click on the new entry created for that CD in "CD and DVD media" tree, the CD plays...  Same thing for "CD, DVD, & Handhelds" tree, of course.

I know what are the old locations when I click on the "location" tree and I know the new ones when I click on "CD, DVD, & Handhelds" tree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up