INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 second GAP  (Read 1012 times)

HPSKI

• Recent member
2 second GAP
« on: August 22, 2005, 05:34:23 pm »

why would MJ "greyout" the 2 second gap in CD writer?  Even when I playback to disk writer, then reimport crossfaded playlists, which play perfectly on the computer, when burning a CD, the 2 second gap rears its head, and my CD is worthless.  Thanks in advance!

HP

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 2 second GAP
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 06:21:07 pm »

why would MJ "greyout" the 2 second gap in CD writer?

Because

The cd burner driver in MJ8 is older and is about 3-4 years old. at that point they were converting over from goldenhawk burner drivers, to a generic driver that JRiver developed.  There have been many enhancements to the burner driver since then in Media Center.

This has been changed in the newer program media center where you you can do more than just change the 2 second gap you can basicly re-encode ep settings into the music and burn them back to the cd.

so if you want enhanced options you should upgrade to the newer product
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

HPSKI

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 08:57:22 pm »

thanks  - what do you mean by, "ep settings"?

HP

HPSKI

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 09:10:43 pm »

OK, upgrading is not a problem, however, in the MJB FAQ section, I'm advised to download an updated "ASPI 4.7" from the adaptec site, which I did, but after unziping it, XP won't let me install.  FAQ also suggested I advise you of my burner model, which is on MJB's compatability list (QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242U), Roxio 5.3.4.21.  So, if it's compatible, why should'nt I be able to utilize the features, as advertized, in MJB 8? 

Thanks in advance.....

HP

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 09:15:50 pm »

i have not used MJ8 in years and don't remember other than what i said, Media Center Does not require ASPI.

and the last version 8 i don't think needs it also but not sure. when version 8 first came out they were using the golden hawk burner driver that reqired it. i don't think some of the docs got changed, no clue.

media center works
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up