INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WinXP Program Access and Defaults dialog  (Read 1089 times)

britade

WinXP Program Access and Defaults dialog
« on: August 25, 2005, 04:58:08 am »

I am trying to register Media Center as the default media player so that it pops up when I hit the media button on my Logitech keyboard.  Please note that I am using the XP drivers and not the iTouch software.

To do this, I need to register Media Center with XP's "Program Access and Defaults" dialog. 

I have been playing around with registry keys under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Media branch to try to register Media Center to no avail.

Has anyone else managed to do this successfully?

It would be nice if MC did this itself at install time.  ;-)

Regards,

Adrian.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WinXP Program Access and Defaults dialog
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:34:55 am »

Hello,
I have the same problem (see below). Saw it being discussed but didn't find a solution which would work for me.
I have a BTC 9019 URF keyboard with those special multimedia buttons. All seems to work with MC 11.0.316 except for the "PLAY" button - this one calls MS Media Player 10. STOP, NEXT/PREVIOUS do work.
I played with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Media registry entries but couldn't make it work.

Anyone?
Thanks!

max

I am trying to register Media Center as the default media player so that it pops up when I hit the media button on my Logitech keyboard.  Please note that I am using the XP drivers and not the iTouch software.

To do this, I need to register Media Center with XP's "Program Access and Defaults" dialog. 

I have been playing around with registry keys under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Media branch to try to register Media Center to no avail.

Has anyone else managed to do this successfully?

It would be nice if MC did this itself at install time.  ;-)

Regards,

Adrian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up