INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philips HD120 20gb - Special Software  (Read 1106 times)

byb3

• nothing more to say...
Philips HD120 20gb - Special Software
« on: August 25, 2005, 08:45:35 pm »

I've got a philips HD120 player, but unfortunately like many other mp3 players on the market the player is limited to the software that is supplied.

However, I found a piece of opensource software that allows you to transfer songs to the player (as well as the HD100) without any use of the Philips software.

I was enquiring whether it was possible to offer some sort of compatibility with MC11 and this MP3 player. (It is definitely possible, but depends on demand of this I suppose).

Thanks,

Adam

ps - I would like to add that although you can copy files over in explorer, the MP3 player will not play them.  The software does something magic to it.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Philips HD120 20gb - Special Software
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 08:20:05 am »

Adam,

Does the HD120 appear to your PC as a removable or fixed drive? If so, browse on it from Windows Explorer and take note where the files are located. Try manually copying a file to that directory and see if the device recognizes it. If so, this will be easy. If not, look for some kind of a database file that is being created on the device. This last scenario is much less likely.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up