INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atagger question about source fields  (Read 1157 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Atagger question about source fields
« on: August 27, 2005, 01:44:11 pm »

First, thanks, Alan, this plugin is awesome   ;D

I am running into a problem because of the way my tags are organized/coded, however.

Because of limitations in the way my portable displays tags, I have my "album" tag filed populated according to the scheme "artist - album"  The actual album name is backed up to a custom field "albums" for display in MC.  (Hopefully one day MC will allow field mapping during sync to portables so that I can go back to the standard tagging scheme.)

The problem I'm running into with Atagger of course, is that it doesn't recognize any of my albums, so it won't work on by old collection.  Is there a way to edit (or hexedit) any of the atagger components so that it will look to my "albums" tag (or MC view column) for the album name?

Thanks,

Nolo

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
Re: Atagger question about source fields
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 12:48:31 pm »

Nolonemo, there is no way to work around the problem with the curent version of aTagger.  I can update a future version to allow you to specify the database fields to use for lookup (rather than hard coding the fields to use).

I'm not sure when the next release of aTagger will be available but I'll add this new feature to the next release.

Thanks...  @l@n
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re: Atagger question about source fields
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:12:17 am »

Thanks for the reply, alan, I have to say again, the plugin is really awesome, I was even moved to send you a donation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up