INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer to iPod alphabetically?  (Read 775 times)

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
Transfer to iPod alphabetically?
« on: September 02, 2005, 02:18:09 pm »

Hi,

I'm using MC 10.0.173.  It works...for the most part. 

Anyway, is it possible to have it transfer my playlists to my iPod in alphabetical order based on Artist Name?  Right now, it just sends them over chronologically, based on the order I added the song to the playlist.  I don't want to make Smartlists, because for most of my playlists, smartlists wouldn't cut it (I'd have to enter something in to every single song's custom field - and that's a PITA).  Maybe this has been remedied by later versions of MC, but I'm seriously considering using iTunes for my iPod transfers and MC for stereo and TiVo.

Thanks,
Ryan

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Transfer to iPod alphabetically?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 05:13:17 pm »

A playlist in MC has an inherent order. You should have a column marked Seq which shows the order the tracks are in. If you want to change that order, you can just Drag and Drop. Alternatively sort by whatever columns you want, then right click on the playlist name in the tree and do Update Order.
Personally, I prefer to use SmartLists most of the time. Setting custom tags for loads of files isn't such a PITA once you get the hang of MC's tagging features.
Pages: [1]   Go Up