INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server bug  (Read 1105 times)

aleph2

• nothing more to say...
Media Server bug
« on: June 24, 2003, 08:39:59 pm »

Hi,

When using Media Server between my two machines here at home, things generally work well, except when the song's filename has an accented letter in it.  Whenever that happens, the client reports an error ("Unable to acquire license"...), but there's no matching error on the server.  The client needs to be manually advanced to the next song in the playlist.  Any accent will do the job, e.g. Prozzäk, Für Elise, etc.

Both machines are running Media Jukebox 8.0.399, and the server has Media Server 1.0.135 (Protocol 0.9).

Renaming the files to remove the accents fixes the problem, but is obviously an undesirable solution.

Yatta_Yatta

• nothing more to say...
Re: Media Server bug
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 06:14:01 pm »

I have the same problem;but, in my case it happens when I try to open a radio station.  I've had media juke box for over a year.  The "program error" just started 4 days ago.  I downloaded the newest version, thinking that would fix the problem.  It didn't.  I'd like some help with this problem.  I can't get the kind of musice I like in the area where I live..  Please, anyone, HELP

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Media Server bug
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 09:46:23 am »

Media Server handle the accents fine - it's something else. Someone else had this problem a couple of months ago, and it turned out to be a proxy server or something...

Search the archives here.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up