INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart list help?  (Read 1579 times)

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Smart list help?
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:26:48 am »

Hello there,

I have version 11.0.314 and my smart list is not synching correctly.  The smart list I use is this:

[Last Played]=>=40320 

This smart list should only contain songs I have not heard in the last month.  When I play a song it does not remove it from my Last Played smart list and I am not sure why.  I have changed the time around on both my ipod (60gb) and my computer (Win XP SP2) and still it does not recognize that the song has been played (in Media Center).  Any ideas?  This smart list has worked under previous versions of Media Center.  Any ideas about what is wrong?

Thanks,

BD6675

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smart list help?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 11:51:40 am »

if you press F5, do the tracks get removed then?

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 02:58:01 pm »

I will check when I get home and report back.  Thanks for the response.

BD6675

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 04:01:28 pm »

Pressing F5 does not do anything that I can see.  When I plug in my ipod and open media center and select the drive letter that is assigned to my ipod it does not indicate that the song that I just played was actually played.  When I synch it does not remove the song from my smart list.  Is my smart list formula correct?  I can not think of what is causing this.  Any other ideas?

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 08:24:56 am »

Okay, I wiped my ipod clean using Media Center and reloaded all my songs and I noticed a few things.  There were about 6 songs out of 4178 that held on to last played data even when I cleared the field.  I went into the folder on my hard drive where all of the tracks that are on my ipod are kept and I cleared the last played data from the tags.  I then noticed that all 4178 songs were now in the Last Played smartlist in Media Center with all of the last played fields being clear ("never played"- as they should be).  I synched my ipod and my last played smartlist on my ipod was populated with all 4178 tracks.  I then played a track on my ipod and tried to synch and I noticed that Media Center had no record of me just playing that track.  I looked at the last played field in Media Center and I did notice that it assigned a negative value to some random tracks that I did not play.   It also removed those tracks from the last played smartlist in Media Center and on my ipod.  I am at a complete loss....I am not sure why Media Center can not determine when I play tracks and why it assigns random date/times to tracks I have never played.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 01:03:08 pm »

I think this is resolved with the fix that is addressed in one of your other threads. Sorry it is not currently available.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up