INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Sleek Synch Issues  (Read 3084 times)

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Zen Sleek Synch Issues
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:35:21 pm »

I recently got a new Zen Sleek and when synching files up Media Center seems to freeze when retrieving infomration if I start MC before connect the Sleek to my PC.

Also it seems to tranfer some songs more then once. I've tried deleting all songs and repeating and each time I get different files duplicated - some are MP3's some WMA's - there doesn't seem to be any pattern.

Lastly the playlists do not display as play lists on the sleek via media center but they do appear on the Sleek - the odd thing is though that when you re-synch later on the duplicate and you have them all listed 2x and so on for earch synch.

Is there a specific plugin that I should be using with the Sleek? My older Zen NX seemed to work just fine.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zen Sleek Synch Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 09:26:58 am »

What version of MC do you have?

Do you have the latest firmware for the Sleek?

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 03:56:46 pm »

I have the latest firmware for the sleek and I'm using MC - 11.0.314.

In case it helps I've set it up with Media Player as well and things seem to work very well there, no issues with synching files, playlists etc..

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:07:27 pm »

Is it me, or is there little to no information about the Sleek on the Creative website?

When you connect your Sleek, is it recognized as an MTP device by your PC?

What OS do you have?

What version of Windows Media Player?

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 06:21:02 pm »

Well it's not you - there is almost no information out yet about it on any site.

It does connect as a MTP device.

OS = Win XP SP2 (all the latest updates)
WMP = v.10 (all the latest updates)

The synch is pretty good with WMP - however I really can't stand to use WMP to manage my library and playlists. For now I can deal with synching via WMP since it works but it would be nice to get away from it if possible.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 06:32:53 pm »

Try MC's Reset option for the device detection.  Then reconnect the device.

Thanks for your patience.  We'll get it working.  We get very good help from Creative when we need it.

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 08:41:14 pm »

Jim, I gave that a try - same results as before.

Here are some things that I found out while trying some things out...

MC seems to hang on "retrieving file info" if I connect the player to the PC before starting MC. When this happens CPU utilization shoots to near 100% and it seems to hang there.

When Synching with MC as I mentioned I get duplicate plays lists on the sleek - one set for each synch.

If you browse the Sleek using Creatives Media Explorer it looks like MC puts all the music files in a folder with no name - then by artist, ablum etc... However, there are a few songs - that appear in the root of that folder. Playlist don't actually appear in CME. If you browse the Sleek in CME after synching with WMP you see all the files listed under the music folder (must be a creative created dir.) where they are listed by Artist\Ablum\song.mp3. There are no files in the root after a WMP synch.

Not sure if this matters but when I connected the Sleek and opened MC I could see all the folders that are there by default (the ones you see in CME). After the synch I could no longer see those folders. Sorry - they seem to be back again. But now one of the folders is called Creative Sleek and in that it is a repeat of the Sleek device and all it's files and so on... like a mirror image of the parent directory. This only shows up in MC.

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 10:06:29 am »

BigDog,

A couple of things to try....

Try going to Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Default Resources and then find a file called PDT.xml. Open the file in WordPad and locate an entry for Creative Zen Sleek. Verify that 'Type' is set to '2' and verify that when you run MC the Sleek is shown in the MC tree as 'Creative Zen Sleek'.

I am able to sync playlists correctly to the Sleek here.

Thanks,

Steve

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 08:46:31 pm »

Hi Steve,

Well we may have part of the answer... I don't have an entry in the PDT file for the Sleek, pretty much every other player you can think of but not that one.

Bigdog

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 09:40:46 am »

Can you try removing all your files and then add a small number (10 or so) and see if MC presents them to you correctly?

Steve

BigDog

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 07:28:21 pm »

Hi Steve,

Sorry this has taken me a while I haven't been near my PC to give this a shot...

I tried synching a small play list of about 13 files. Again it seems to synch the first time just fine but if you re-synch it doubles the play list. 

When you look at the files on the Sleek in Explorer you see all the songs in folder with no name then stored in subfolders etc... the playlists are all listed at the root level and you see them listed multiple times so somehow when you re-synch they are being added not just updated. In fact if you add a song to a list you have both the original version of that playlist and the newer version as well.

BigDog

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 08:05:20 pm »

Zen Sleek Synch

Can you say it ten times fast?   :P
I know I can't.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 06:28:04 am »

I've had exactly the same problems with my new Sleek.
Also noticed it seems to mess up the track numbers - gives some of them numbers like 314557 and stuff, with no obvious pattern.
I've gone back to the Creative software for the moment, which is rather depressing  :(

eba.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 11:17:11 am »

Bump  :)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 02:51:57 pm »

Is this still an issue with 11.1?

eba