INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will not rip tracks to hard drive  (Read 1598 times)

ramblin

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
will not rip tracks to hard drive
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:13:47 pm »

When  I try to rip a cd to hard drive, I noticed MC 11 tries to rip all of the tracks at the same time. Then I ge this error message. "Media Center encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that all files exist, are not read only, and are not in use by other programs. I check the folder and nothing is there. Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: will not rip tracks to hard drive
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 10:56:14 pm »

Make sure you have the latest Media Center installed.

Also, try a different encoder as a test.

Let us know what you find.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ramblin

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:45:41 am »

I have tried different encoders, and still have the same problem. It will rip the first song, but not the others. I have have tried different players. I have no problem with windows media player, cdburnerXP Pro, or Easy CD DA Extractor, but I do have a similar problem when I try Musicmatch.

scthom

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 06:43:15 pm »

It sounds like you have it set to rip to a CUE file.  When this is enabled, it will appear to rip all the files at the same time (e.g. instead of one file at a time going from 0-100%, all the files go from 0-100% at the same time).  What you end up with is a file that contains all of the tracks, and an index to each starting point.

You can turn it off (or check if it is enabled) by going to Tools->Options->Devices->Advanced Ripping Options.  Under the "File Management" header, it has a checkbox that says "Rip to single file with cue...".  Make sure it's unchecked.

Now when you rip, it will rip each track into a separate file.

The error occurs because MC has a hard time with tagging and cue files.

ramblin

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 08:42:22 pm »

Thank you so much scthom. That was the problem. MC 11 is ripping cd's fine, but I have another problem, maybe you can help me with. When MC rips the songs it puts them in the right place, but it puts each song in it's on seperate folder. I have never had this happen before. What am I doing wrong?

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:09:57 pm »

Ramblin--
Try looking in tools / Options / File Location.  Go to the center dialogue, "Output File Location (ripping and recording)".  Here it will show your default path ("Base Path").  The next line, "Directory Rule", should show "(Artist)\(Album)".  If it shows "(Artist)\(Album)\(Name)", you've found your problem.  If it doesn't, maybe scthom knows.

ramblin

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:39:00 pm »

A hearty thanks goes out to you jgreen. That was the problem. I haven't a clue as to what is causing these little problems. I haven't went in and changed anything. who knows. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up