INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plea for Quick Fix of the Ipod Volume-Adjustment  (Read 1204 times)

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
Plea for Quick Fix of the Ipod Volume-Adjustment
« on: September 27, 2005, 09:27:27 am »

Hey Steve,
I have a very simple request. I use the Westone UM2 headphones with my iPod. They are even more sensitive than my old Shure e3c's. None the less they are fantastic!

Unlike most users, I find the volume of the iPod to loud! I use MC to lower the iPod's volume. However at the moment you can only go to -24 dB or so, which make the comfortable volume-level (on the iPod) around one fourth and thus the dynamic isn't as high as one could hope for. Therefor, my request is that you will raise (or lower?) the current limit. I don't think it would take much effort since the procedure is already implied.

Also, once you have got some spare time the volume-adjustment system could be improved a bit :) I tried to use the other option for volume adjustments at -100% and it didn't work at all! At the lowest point (where the iPod normally would be silence) it played extremely loud! I nearly wounded my ears. 

So, bottom line: Until a new volume-adjustment system can be implied in MC, will you lower the maximum negative subtracted volume? (That turned out to be a really weird sentence...)
Pretty please :)

Thanks in advance,
Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

SteveG

Re: Plea for Quick Fix of the Ipod Volume-Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 10:19:37 am »

Rasmus,

Sit tight. A new version with the soundcheck feature implemented is coming soon.

Steve

pank2002

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 10:36:31 am »

I know. But if you could just ... :)

Anyway, when making a new system please make in a way so one doesn't have to re-upload the library to apply changes.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 09:47:23 am »

Rasmus,

11.1 has soundcheck enabled. You will need to resend your files to get it to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up