Author Topic: 11.1  (Read 5682 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:09:59 pm »

In a nutshell:
1.  This is the first release of 11.1.
2.  There aren't a lot of new features in it yet.
3.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
4.  As always, use at your own risk, and don't make it your first download of MC.

11.0 development is now closed.  11.0.316 is the last build.  Any fixes or new features will appear in 11.1.  In this build the Standard View's display has moved to the Action Window position -- double click for full screen.  It's an experiment.  If you don't like it, please start a thread on it.

As always, please POST ONLY BUGS HERE.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Posts may be deleted or moved.

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
[removed]

MC 11.1.28 (9/27/05)

1. NEW: Moved playback display to Action Window -- automatically shows when playback starts.
2. NEW: MC plays an image slideshow of Internet images when viewing the "Cover Art" display.
3. Changed: Reworked Tools (and right-click) menu for playback display. (moved all configuration to Options..., etc.)
4. Fixed: The TiVo Server wasn't always recognized.
5. Fixed: Empty folders would not be detected / deleted when a background tagging operation was still in progress.
6. Fixed: Ripping to Ogg Vorbis would leave temporary files and not save cover art.
7. Fixed: Having "Change underscores to spaces" as the only cleaning option selected would not work.
8. Changed: Internal access to iPod database rewritten. Should now accommodate latest iPod firmware and be much better at cross application support.
9. Changed: iPod soundcheck field is now populated. Users should disable any replay gain settings for iPod and retransfer files(if they are on the iPod). Files will play with correct adjustment if soundcheck is turned on.
10. Changed: Image playback loads images in a background thread to prevent stalling the rest of the program. (especially important for internet images)
11. Changed: Double-clicking a single image in the library will no longer ever start a slideshow. (select multiple files to see a slideshow, or pick "Start Slideshow" from the display menu after playing one file)
12. Changed: Reworked fullscreen bar's look and feel.
13. Changed: Upgrade installs don't prompt for Express vs Custom.
14. Changed: Sorting of edit comboboxes for dates sort with newest dates at the top.
15. NEW: Moved handheld initialization to a background thread.
16: Changed: Track grids draw grid lines even when they're empty.

NOTE: Not all changes will be in the history.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
Re: 11.1 -- Don't get too excited yet....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 02:36:17 am »

Wow... Just installed this alfa.
1. This Standard View in the Action Panel.. Don't like it. Also it crashes the MC when I switch from Vizualizations to Cover Art.
2. You obviously did something in the handheld department. I have a Rio Karma. And it didn't work in the latest builds of 11.0 (in short, it was very slow to initialize (most of the times it would just hang and consume 100% CPU and I would have to kill/restart MC) and the transfer rate was very slow - I am sorry to say but MS WMP10 works just fine with Karma).
With the 11.1.28:
- when I RESET the handhelds, the MC gives me those YES/NO dialog boxes, where I say NO to all my card readers, but it doesn't give me an option to say NO to the Karma and to the Nero Fast CD Burning plug-in.
- OK. The Karma gets initialized much-much faster now (seconds as opposed to anywhere from 10 min to infinity in MC11.0). However, when I try to transfer files - the first file starts to transfer and at the very end of the transfer the MS tells me that the handheld was disconnected and quits the transfer.
- This is minor but the Karma is recognized as not just Rio Karma as it used to be but as Rio Karma30303239andmanymorenumberswithabunchofzerosintheend

This is just after 5 min playing with 11.1.28

Hope you fix the handheld/Karma support. I really hate to use WMP... Or any other software other than MC for this.

TIA,

max

dcwebman

Re: 11.1 -- Don't get too excited yet....
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 07:50:51 am »

I use the NoFrills mini-skin. When in that view pressing keys such as Ctrl+2 and Ctrl+1 which should go back to standard view kills the program. Even selecting "Return to Standard View" from the menu sometimes kills it. Doesn't seem to happen with the default skin SonixMedia that MC keeps putting back as the default.
Jeff

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: 11.1
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 01:47:55 pm »

What happened to the 11.1 alpha? Did it get pulled?

BB

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 01:52:47 pm »

What happened to the 11.1 alpha? Did it get pulled?

BB

Yes

Too Much Mold
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lOth

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 02:43:31 pm »

when I try to transfer files - the first file starts to transfer and at the very end of the transfer the MS tells me that the handheld was disconnected and quits the transfer.

Doesn't look like a bug to me but like a feature that's been asked for a long time ago: auto-eject after transfer. Or at least that's what I hope it is...

jaguar.x

• Junior Woodchuck
  • no matter what you do...
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 02:52:45 pm »

the link to the 11.1 alpha was removed will it be available soon?  ?
______
...for every begin there is another end to keep on beginning...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 02:57:51 pm »

In a few days.  Maybe tomorrow.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 06:40:30 am »

The first post of this thread states that "11.0.316 is the last build" of MC11.0.  There are no links in this post, however, to the 316 build.  On top of this, both the 11.1 thread and the previous 11.0.316 threads are not sticky, making it difficult to quickly tell what the latest build is.  To make things even more confusing, the main download site says that it's build 314.  If 316 is the latest build, and there will be "no further developement" on 11.0, then why is the newest "official" release only 314?  Will 316 be considered "official" at some point?

Thanks for clarifying this,

Larry

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 08:55:58 am »

Question for JRiver - I've installed v11.1a over my existing installation of v11.0.316. If I want to go BACK to v11.0.316 can I just reinstall it on top of v11.1a?

David_1cog

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 09:56:20 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 04:16:02 pm »

There won't be a build of 11.1 tonight.  Hopefully early next week. 

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 09:41:03 pm »

Question for JRiver - I've installed v11.1a over my existing installation of v11.0.316. If I want to go BACK to v11.0.316 can I just reinstall it on top of v11.1a?

edbro

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 10:52:27 pm »

I uninstalled 11.1 first, keeping the library intact. Then I reinstalled 11.0.316 and it went smoothly. You will lose your preferences though.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 07:23:28 am »

Either way should work, but if you have trouble, uninstall first.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 07:49:04 am »

Thank you!

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 06:39:30 am »

Jim,
I am very curious to know in what area 11.1 will be modified.
I am sure the team has made up a list of must, should and nice to haves.
Could you share some of the thoughts ...  ;)

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

jaguar.x

• Junior Woodchuck
  • no matter what you do...
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 02:14:08 pm »

I've seen the "Display window", and I find it very cute for people who wants to customize the look of MC  ;D
______
...for every begin there is another end to keep on beginning...
Pages: [1]   Go Up