INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all problems everybody read please.  (Read 1105 times)

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
all problems everybody read please.
« on: July 01, 2003, 09:10:02 pm »

ok i been reading all the troubles you all are having.  and i am not having any of the amount of troubles the rest of you are?

so i am wondering as i have seen a rash of troubles that remind me of another completely different program.

please answer some questions well you.  thanks.

1. what os are most of you with troubles using.

2.  what software types are you using in the computer.

3.  what size of cpu and how much ram and how many hard drives do you have.

A.  if 1 is  windows 98  that is what i have move on to b.

B.  if you have loads of freeware  start taking off the freeware games that are really old. and were made for win 95 or win 98.  use only those made for win 98 or winMe.  take  netscape navigator out of the computer use ie or some other one.   netscape's last version i had was so bugging it was causing most of the troubles you seem to have, with my other software.  i dont have it in any computer i use  and most the troubles with spread sheet programs are gone.  go on to C.

C.   get a larger amount of ram if your lower then 224 mbs.  i have found that there are some games and other software that are crashing every time they go in to or try to go in to the swap file.  

also get another hard drive if you can and put all programs on it that do not require a close to windows exe location which would be on the C drive.  

let  your c drive have only windows and those programs requireing that they be next to windows  stay on c drive.

if you can upgrade to a faster cpu then do so.  also go get the freeware program  "xteq set up"  and tweak your system  also get a good registry cleaning program and clean it once a week,  defrag your system and scan disk it once a week  win98 seems to get messed up and  fast.

i have done all that and am not having the troubles that most of you are talking about.   i might have a few of the major ones but that is it.    

EDITED in

i just thought of this for those with Windows Xp  try making Xp run  mediajuke box in compatiblity mode for win98 and see if the troubles ease up for you.

Finished edit in.

i hope this helps out some of you. ;D

roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up