INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest version thread no longer sticky?  (Read 694 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Latest version thread no longer sticky?
« on: September 30, 2005, 06:34:42 am »

The "latest version" thread is no longer sticky.  I like to check back here now and again to see if a new version of MC is available, which has always been easy due to the fact that this thread was always sticky and was always at the top of the list.  This, however, is not the case right now.  316 is still the latest version of MC11.0, but the 316 thread has moved down the list.  The "11.1" thread has apparently taken over, but this thread isn't stick either.  On top of this, the link to the "latest version" of 11.0 takes you to a page that says "11.0.314" even though the thread with this link states that 316 is the latest version.

Thanks for checking into this,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Latest version thread no longer sticky?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 07:01:10 am »

:)

How about fixing the few previously reported clear bugs in 11.0 and having a separate forum for 11.1 experiments as long as it is at alpha stage? Since the versions are close cousins and MC is modular (as advertised) I don't understand how fixing e.g. an encoding bug is so difficult to implement in both versions.

After the function palette is decided and after the alpha version is found to be reasonably stable it could become a sticky 11.1 beta in the main MC forum for further bug testing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Latest version thread no longer sticky?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 07:23:04 am »

11.0 development is closed.  Any changes will appear in 11.1.

What you can't see or know is that we have other work going on and so we have several sets of code to juggle.  Moving on to 11.1 is essential.
Pages: [1]   Go Up