INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning probs /minimize to tray  (Read 1110 times)

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
burning probs /minimize to tray
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:00:37 pm »

Hi!

I have been looking for a way to start MC in the minimized mode to the taskbar but didn t find anything while searching. Does anyone know if thats possible?
Also it would be cool to have a checkbox where you can specify whether MC is closed by clicking on the "x" button or is beeing minimized to tray :-).

Ok but now my real problem :-).

I cant actually burn any Audio cd containing m4a files! It starts burning says "writing lead in" and two seconds later ist says "writing lead out". The result is --> no data on the disc at all!
But MC tells me that the job has been finished, no errors!? (with mp3 no prob)
That even happens if I deactivate "decode on the fly", it just doesnt decode any m4a file, but playing them is no problem at all!
Anyone else having this problem, or any suggestions?

help would be great :-)

thx

PS: burning these files is no problem with other progs, i.e *tunes, *ealplayer

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: burning probs /minimize to tray
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 05:41:11 pm »

MC uses the OS level QuickTime codec for m4a playback. MC cannot burn audio CDs from m4a files. Strange that it doesn't refuse to burn them.

I hope MC will have an internal AAC decoder in the future.

For now you could gather the files to be burned into a playlist and export the list in m3u format. You could try this nice little freeware tool for burning Audio CDs directly from the m3u playlist files. You may want to use a rewritable disc for testing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 06:37:57 pm »

I have been looking for a way to start MC in the minimized mode to the taskbar but didn t find anything while searching. Does anyone know if thats possible?

I tried the normal Windows way to do this. I right-clicked an MC shortcut and selected: Properties > Shortcut > Run: Minimized. It works as expected.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 11:33:45 pm »

Hi!

Thanks for the tip, itworks :-).
But I have to say that it is really a shame that a program with such a variety of functions und customizeability is still not able to burn m4a files....considering that ist is realised in version 11!
I think that it should be about time to implement that.

greetz
Pages: [1]   Go Up