INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympus m:robe MR500i & MC 11  (Read 1339 times)

jffcurt

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Olympus m:robe MR500i & MC 11
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:39:40 am »

First let me state that Olympus says that if you don't use their software to import songs etc. that the player will not recognize it. The player is identified as a removable hard drive in Windows and MC recognizes as such. 

However, when I expand the tree view and expand the m:robe folder in MC it doesn't list both folders. There are two exsablished folders: DCIM(which MC see's)  & Users.  There are three subfolder under Users: Photo, Music, & Remix.  When MC lists the contents of the player in the right panel the filenames reflect which submenu the files are in. Since I can't see the subfolder or even the main User folder in the MC tree I can't choose the correct subfolders to upload to. I experimented with one file and MC sends it to H: instead of H:\Users/Music.  One thing I would also like to note is that Olympus uses a similar filesystem to Apple.  By this I mean the subfolders under Music is titled with a alpha numeric # and that is repeated for subsequent subfolders.  the files are identified as wma though. I physically copied the transferred track in to one of these folders and m:robe doesn't acknowledge that it's even there - probably because it doesn't have one of these alph numeric # associated with it.  Can anybody help ? 

Thanks.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up