INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tip: iPod submitting tracks to Last.fm  (Read 1411 times)

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
Tip: iPod submitting tracks to Last.fm
« on: October 04, 2005, 02:11:14 pm »

This works great, I have installed it on my iPod. And I try to remember to submit tracks every day:

http://projects.afterglo.ws/wiki/AudioPodHome

And then I have this autorun.inf file on my iPod:

[autorun]
ICON="iPod.ico"
UseAutoPlay=0
Open=audioPod.bat
Action=Sync to Last.fm
Icon=ipod.ico

So every time I connect the ipod I get the option to sync to last.fm before I start MC.

Pretty cool, but I wish there was a better plugin for last.fm that could do this!

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tip: iPod submitting tracks to Last.fm
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 03:42:43 pm »

wow. great stuff runemail. That's what I've been waiting for for quite some time now.

This:
So every time I connect the ipod I get the option to sync to last.fm before I start MC.
doesn't work for me though. Could you elaborate a bit please? I've put the autorun.inf on the root of my iPod but nothing happens when I connect.

I wish there was a better plugin for last.fm that could do this!
Agreed.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:40:06 am »

You need to innstall the program in root as well.
Here is my autorun.inf, and a nice iPod icon.

Autorun.rar

its nice that you can just plug your ipod into any computer(running java) and sync to last.fm!
For some reason the autorun doesn't always(but randomly) kick in on this computer, might be AnyDVD or Daemon tools.. But it worked on my other computer.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 01:21:44 pm »

Since the AudioPodHome page says to just put the .bat file in a directory of your choosing, am I right in assuming that I only need to install this (and your inf file) on my iPod if I want to do this sync automatically?

This is so great -- one thing I've been waiting for to make my Last.fm page meaningful.

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:54:22 pm »

For some reason the autorun doesn't always(but randomly) kick in on this computer, might be AnyDVD or Daemon tools.. But it worked on my other computer.

I had done it right the first time, but it looks like I'm in the same situation as you: it doesn't work on my desktop but does work on my laptop (which is much 'cleaner' than the desktop). BTW, I also have dameon tools installed, so I tried uninstalling it but it didn't change a thing. I've also tried to use M$ autofix to repair the autoplay on the desktop but it ran into problems :

Test [Drive Notification] - Instance [I:\, Drive Type: 2]:
    Result [Legacy Notification]: OK
    Result [AutoPlay V2 Notification]: Problems {
        Service (Fired)
        Shell (Deaf) }
    >> Repair << [Autoplay V2 Event]
      Step: Deleting ShellHWDetection LaunchPermission (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{B1B9CBB2-B198-47E2-8260-9FD629A2B2EC}!LaunchPermission)
      Result: The wizard ran into problems while trying to delete this registry value (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{B1B9CBB2-B198-47E2-8260-9FD629A2B2EC}!LaunchPermission).

>> Required action: The wizard found problems but cannot fix them -> None

This autoplay thing is such a pain in XP... I'm about to give up because I'm pretty sure that only a clean install of XP would fix it, as is often the case with this kind of issue.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 06:51:24 pm »

tlongacre: Install where you like. (I just think its nice to have it on the iPod, I have some other apps there too)

lOth: Yeah XP is anal about autorun/autostart on usb drives it seems :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up