INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT Portable MP3 Players  (Read 1155 times)

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
OT Portable MP3 Players
« on: October 04, 2005, 11:52:47 am »

My good old Gen2 iPod died this week. I am limping along with my Archos AV380 for now but I would really like to get something to replace the iPod. I only used it to listen to audiobooks so being able to bookmark an album or resume where I last left off is critical.

I looked at the Zen but when I read that I have to use Creative Music Source to load files into it I sort of got a sick feeling.

So, what do you guys recommend?

jaguar.x

• Junior Woodchuck
  • no matter what you do...
Re: OT Portable MP3 Players
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 02:10:26 pm »

I think the Rio Karma would be the replacement only if it hasn't been discontinued, maybe Rio Carbon (6GB) has the same features of bookmarking not only playlists but also the position of the current track.

Good look in hunting the best portable player, for me it's my Karma, please place a post when you find it, I would like to know if there is more reliable options besides iPod.  ;D

Regards
______
...for every begin there is another end to keep on beginning...

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 02:22:53 pm »

I am going to try a hardware rest of the Gen 2 iPod. if that doesn't work, I just sold some gear today so I can afford an iPod nano.

I should wait because rumours abound that Apple will announce the iPod video next Wednesday.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 04:45:26 pm »

Creative's new Zen Vision is a really nice player.  It's bigger than an iPod but has a great color screen, does full motion video (640x480 and 30 frames a second), and has TV output.  30GB drive.  $399.  MC11.1 will fully support it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A3N6O4/qid=1128548527/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-1289413-5201628?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:27:45 pm »

Yup its nice but way overkill for something to listen to audiobooks on in the car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up