INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anywhere I can purchase and download .WAV or Lossless Music for use with MC?  (Read 3623 times)

Health Nut

• World Citizen

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anywhere I can purchase and download full quality .WAV songs or CD's.  I can continue buying CD's I guess, but it would be nice to be able to purchase .WAV or lossless quailty.  I can't believe people pay good money for only AAC or MP3 quality.  At the very least, you would think you would have the option to download the full quality .WAV file.  There is no way in hell I'd build a music collection based on AAC or MP3 quaility without also having the full quality .wav version of the song...  Do I just continue to buy CD's and rip them as usual?  I would think that the internet could provide the ability to purchase the .WAV file....  What's the heck is going on?

Thanks,

Chris

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

I have stumbled on this:

http://www.musicgiants.com/

The files are in DRM protected WMA lossless format. That is a severe limitation. I don't think the music industry will allow unprotected music downloads anytime soon.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...

I can't see it but is there a way to browse that list by genre. I am not familair with any of the 1000+ artists on that site.

surge

• Recent member
MusicGiants or WMA lossless with DRM digital rights management
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:33:09 am »

So can MusicGiants work with MediaCenter?  Does WMA lossless with DRM mean that only Windows Media Player can play the audio, or can MediaCenter do it?  At $1.29 a song in lossless format, it may be a good option when you don't want to buy the whole CD.

Surge

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It should work.  MC11 supports the latest WM DRM and WM lossless.

jgreen

I battle-tested MC with Napster, which uses 128 kbps WMA with DRM.  MC performs like a champ, although the DRM has it's limitations which have nothing to do with MC.  Occassionally it is slow to cue up tracks, and nominally you are limited to 3 devices, which can mean if your one hard drive crashes 4 times you are out of luck.  So make sure music giants has real people you can talk to to get your DRM refreshed, if necessary.  There are more posts on this in the music services forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up