INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Burn: Error writing CD-Text. Invalid field in CDb  (Read 1352 times)

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Can't Burn: Error writing CD-Text. Invalid field in CDb
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:33:51 am »

I've burned these same playlists many times, now I can;t seem to burn any CD's... Can anyone help get around this error message?  It spits the blank disc back out with that error message...  (11.0.314)

Thanks,

Chris

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Re: Can't Burn: Error writing CD-Text. Invalid field in CDb
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 07:42:45 am »

Hopefully somebody can get back to me before 3:00 p.m. EST... I'm trying to finish a project...  I've never encountered this error before...  I can't burn anything.  I'm Stumped!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 07:47:08 am »

Check the playlists and make sure you aren't trying to convert something to audio CD that can't be converted (doc file, for example).

Try converting to wav files first, then burn (as a work-around).

More details might help.  Are you burning an audio CD?  What are the source files?  MP3?

Health Nut

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 04:27:33 pm »

All are normal .ape files, same as always.  All the files are correct, playable, and in the proper location.  Doesn't matter what playlist or how I put the songs in the "Burn CD" action window...  Hmmm.  Still no luck.  The workaround is a last resort... what other details do you need?  I've been doing the same thing for over a year now, this inability to rip comes out of nowhere...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 04:30:47 pm »

Did you try re-installing MC?

You said burn in your first post, rip in your last....

Did you try burning a single file?

Test burn to save disks.

Anything changed on your PC?

Health Nut

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 04:37:43 pm »

Sorry, I meant burn.  Funny, I just tried burning my usual playlists to my other (older and slower drive and it is working).  Why would my one drive all of a sudden not be able to burn due to the Error writing CD-text...Invalid field in CDb??  How would this be drive related?  The drive worked fine for burning in the past.  They are both Plextors.  Damn.... I'm tired... no sleep.  Actually, the older drive is the one generating that error (Plex-Writer 8/20), the newer one is working fine (Plex Combo 20/10/40-12A)...  Still strange.  Either way the new drive is working... still wonder why that error message happens with the older drive?
Pages: [1]   Go Up