INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limit number of tracks added to "Playing Now"  (Read 836 times)

brentwoods

• Recent member
Limit number of tracks added to "Playing Now"
« on: October 20, 2005, 04:56:38 am »

I there a way of limiting the number of tracks added to the "Playing Now" list when double-clicking a song in the media library?

I use the "Replace Playing Now (all)" behaviour for double-clicks, but the large playlists that result cause long delays with NetRemote (wireless PDA remote control).

Essentially I need a middle ground between the two "Replace Playing Now" settings (all vs single).  What would be ideal is a way to replace the "Playing Now" list with the double-clicked song and a specified number of following tracks.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!  ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Limit number of tracks added to "Playing Now"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 07:26:13 pm »

interesting idea
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 03:47:41 pm »

Get smart with your smartlists! Use the ~limit function or other sexy random smartlists / view schemes.  I never have this problem because NR allows you to restrict the part of the library that users see so I restrict the view to the part that has very sensible view schemes set up.  I have also built my own functionality into NR that stops you pressing play on a view scheme group - I force you to drill down to the level I want you to play.

However, having said all that I would really like to see a parameter in MC that allows you to restrict the number of files sent to playing now.
JLee

brentwoods

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:46:10 pm »

Hmm, sounds interesting.  Would a smartlist like that just play random songs from the start or could one be made to start a selected song, then add a limited list?
Pages: [1]   Go Up