INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.38 Alpha  (Read 1251 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 11.1.38 Alpha
« on: October 20, 2005, 05:59:34 pm »

• This is a very early alpha of 11.1.
  • There aren't a lot of new features in it yet.
  • It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • As always, use at your own risk, and don't make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post ONLY BUGS here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Posts may be deleted or moved.

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111038.exe

MC 11.1.38 (10/20/05)

1. NEW: Added new search modifier ~fill to support limiting a smartlist to the number of files needed to fill the default device. (NOTE: you can use ~fill=[...] with a device name to specify a device)
2. Changed: Improved handheld "convert if necessary" logic so players that support multiple formats will only convert files that are not any of those formats.
3. Fixed: Inserting an audio CD with no files on it would still attempt auto-playback.
4. Fixed: When creating a new playlist from the Send To menu, the action window list wouldn't show the new tracks right away.
5. Fixed: MC could show "Circular Reference" errors in cases where there was no circular reference.
6. NEW: Typing when a list control has the focus runs a silent quick search (Ctrl+Q) instead of searching just one column. (tap F3 to find subsequent matches)
7. Fixed: Some packages (MP3 encoder, etc.) would fail to install.

MC 11.1.37 (10/18/05)

1. Fixed: Playlists would not properly transfer to a handheld when certain options were set.
2. Fixed: Performing sync's with file conversion enabled on WMDM devices would resend the same files over and over.
3. Changed: Changed default convert option for handhelds and servers to "Convert (if necessary)." (instead of never converting)
4. Fixed: Library lists would not update as expected to reflect changes in the playing track.
5. Changed: Select All / Select None gives the list that responds the focus so future global commands (analyze audio, etc.) use tracks from this UI piece.

MC 11.1.35 (10/14/05)

1. Changed: Play count, rating, etc. is synced back from a handheld as soon as "Check Synchronization" is clicked so that an accurate picture of what needs to be sent can be presented.
2. NEW: iPod shuffle support. Current support requires that a cleanly formatted Shuffle (using iPod Updater)has been run with iTunes one time prior to running with MC. After running with MC, iTunes will need to rewrite the Shuffle database.  AAC and Audible content performance not fully tested.
3. Changed: Reworked installation system finalizer to hopefully fix hangs after installing plugins reported by some users.
4. Changed: Revised shutdown system to fix rare cases where the process could hang at the tail of shutdown.
5. Changed: Switched how the installer detects a running process of Media Center so it won't accidently run with a dead process lingering.
6. Fixed: In-place editing in list controls was not working properly.
7. Fixed: On-the-fly conversion to handhelds was not always working as expected.
8. Changed: Improved list messaging during handheld uploads. (show progress bars, etc.)
9. Changed: "Sync Now" button changes to "Cancel Sync" button in a handheld view header when a transfer is in progress.

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Center 11.1.38 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 02:29:07 am »

In handheld synchronization choosing "None" as option for "Rearrange upload folders" does not work, it defaults to "Artist\Album"
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 06:26:20 am »

I have a problem with replay gain.
If I switch it on, I get NO SOUND. turn it off, it works.
It may have to do with the voipBuster problem that I reported in an independent thread. I'm not sure if it is specific to this version though, but right now this is the most isolated way to reproduce the bug.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 02:24:58 pm »

Is anybody having any problems with Normalizing/VOlume Leveling?

This for some reason in all the 11.1 builds doesn't seem to work.. My volume is going up and down like a yo-yo

-

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 03:38:19 pm »

Is anybody having any problems with Normalizing/VOlume Leveling?

This for some reason in all the 11.1 builds doesn't seem to work.. My volume is going up and down like a yo-yo

Did you turn on the sound check field on the iPod?  (I assume so, just thought I'd mention it)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up