INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interim Upload & Cover Art strategies w/ 5G iPod  (Read 1035 times)

trentino

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Interim Upload & Cover Art strategies w/ 5G iPod
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:58:13 am »

Hello all,

I just got the new 5G iPod (with Video).  I was hoping to use the "trick" I read here about using MC to load music on the iPod as usual and then using Anapod to rebuild the cover art database.

Two problems with that... 1) Music uploaded with MC doesn't seem to be working properly (sometimes it won't show up on the iPod).  2) When the cover art database is rebuilt with Anapod, all I can see on the iPod where the cover art should be is a 1 pixel grey dot.

So...  It looks like I'll have to use iTunes to load music to the iPod for a while.  I'm wondering what others are doing?  I guess I'll assign cover art to my files in Media Center (with the "keep cover art in file also" option turned on) and just manually move the music I want on the iPod with iTunes. 

I'm a bit nervous that iTunes will alter my file names / tags that I've created with Media Center.  Right now I have iTunes set to "Manually Manage" music.  But if I change it to automatically synchronize selected playlists will that impact my tags / filenames?

Thanks,
Trent

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
Re: Interim Upload & Cover Art strategies w/ 5G iPod
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 03:53:07 pm »

It kind of works to do this the hard way with itunes:

1. Save coverart in tags.

2. Create playlist(s) in MC of the music you want on your ipod.

3. Export the playlist(s).

4. Delete the itunes db file

5. Open the playlist(s) in itunes and synch ipod.

itunes doesnt change anything without telling you. Just let it do its souncheck/gain thing, its not dangerous :)

trentino

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Interim Upload & Cover Art strategies w/ 5G iPod
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 11:31:31 pm »

Thanks so much runemail... that helps a lot!

I have one playlist on there now that I put up using the method you suggested.  If I export another playlist with MC and then delete the itunes db file before importing it, when I synch the ipod, will the play counts / dates still be updated if the files are no longer in the itunes library?  I'm thinking no...  perhaps I don't need to delete the iTunes db file everytime I import a playlist and synch?

Trent
Pages: [1]   Go Up