INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Zen Xtra syncing problems  (Read 1622 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Creative Zen Xtra syncing problems
« on: October 23, 2005, 05:05:17 pm »

For the most part it works fine, it is recognized by MC 11 and can transfer music to the player.  But it doesn't transfer all files I have in my library.  Zen Xtra doesn't create folders, and puts everything in one giant "folder" and I'm having problems with duplicate file names.  There was an option to have duplicate files names remaned, but that option seems to have been taken out.  I have like 700 duplicate file name, so manual name editing is not an option.  Is there a way I can set MC to do this and transfer all files?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Creative Zen Xtra syncing problems
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 09:41:47 am »

Currently, MC will treat as 'duplicates' any files that have the same 'Name, Artist, Album, Genre, and Track Number' tag info. This system is being reworked and your problem should go away in 11.1.

Steve

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 02:10:51 am »

Well I hate to ask this question because I can already guess what my answer is going to be, but when can we expect it to be released?  I would like to know because I really need to fully sync my handheld.  Why was this option changed?  What was the last version to use the old system?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 11:56:52 am »

It is high on the 'to do' list for  MC 11.1. This option was changed 2+ years ago. We definitely want to move to a file matching scheme that is not based on our current tag system (Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 01:10:20 pm »

Two years ago!!!  I remember being able to automaticaaly rename duplicate file around three months ago.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 03:20:51 pm »

I get it now. I was referring to the fact that 2 years ago is when we switched to the file matching scheme that would have produced the message regarding 'Duplicate Files'. The ability to rename files automatically was removed about a week ago. The whole issue will go away when the issue of duplicates is reworked in the near future.

Steve

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 09:44:44 am »

Another problem while using 11.141....

I'm having a major issue with this version.  I try to sync MC to my creative zen xtra and it took over 7 hours; I set it up, went to bed, woke up this morning and it was around 30% done.  It used to only take an hour at most with USB 2.0.  It was never that slow with 1.1.

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 12:05:02 pm »

Do you get comparable speeds if you transfer files using Windows Media Player?

(To test, just transfer a small sample size and calculate what the speed would be for a larger sample)

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up