INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning CD without 2 second gap.  (Read 2841 times)

cyzilla

• nothing more to say...
Burning CD without 2 second gap.
« on: September 30, 2003, 02:10:35 pm »

Hi, I have the free download and my trial period has expired. Considering upgrading to JB plus.

Critical issue is will I be able to burn CDs with absolute zero gap between burned tracks? Mixed techno is not forgiving of any gaps. At present under Settings -> Options -> CD Writer Settings, I cannot deselect "add two second gap between audio tracks".

Is this something I will be able to switch off with MJ Plus, or is it a functionality you havent put in yet.

Please confirm, thank you MJ team and users.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Burning CD without 2 second gap.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 08:00:33 pm »

removing the gap is not really a good idea.

since most cdrom players need that gap to see the end of one song and the start of another.  

this is not really any problem if you only have 10 to 12 songs on the cdrom   but when you start to get 20  or more on the audio cdrom  the no gap is a bad idea as i have had songs skipped over because the player  could not see the start and stop of the songs. :'(

roving cowboy / keith hall

cyzilla

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 04:30:29 am »

hmm, that is a shame. I have burned 16 tracks cleanly, no gap,  with musicmatch. might just buy a CD util instead of MJ plus.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 09:39:41 am »

hmm, that is a shame. I have burned 16 tracks cleanly, no gap,  with musicmatch. might just buy a CD util instead of MJ plus.

you miss understood me.    :o

I did not mean that mjb did the trouble with the no gaps.

what was meant is that any cd burned by any burner with out gaps, Is a problem on some cdplayers  more players then not will have the trouble of seeing the ending of the songs with out the gaps  that is one reason why most the store bought cd's dont have that many songs on  them.

and on another topic  the store bought   cds are pressed not burned.  

they burn one master cd and make a mold and press the rest from it.

that is how aol can get all them spam  cdroms to you and not go broke.    

PeterTEEEE

• Recent member
Re:Burning CD without 2 second gap.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 09:44:38 am »

I burned over 60 audio cd's at 4x from mp3's using media jukebox without the two second gap and all of the cd's played fine in all players without skipping any tracks. I installed a new cdrw drive to get 48x, and now I cannot de-select "add two second gap." That option is greyed-out, as is "use generic driver" and "use internal aspi layer." The resulting cdr plays OK, but with gaps.

I agree with Cyzilla: we do not want gaps between tracks for club music. I am afraid that the problem lies with my new CDRW and not media jukebox.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 07:50:54 am »

yes that is the new cdrw not mjb.  but as for the skipping of songs with out gaps.  

you also did not see that i said cdroms with 20 or more analog tracks will be skipped.

i have some with 31 tracks on them but only all the songs play in the computer.  

when played in the car or on a  external none computer controled cdrom player  they are not all played.  this is  because of the no gap when recorded.      how ever if you wish to   have playback with out gaps  mjb has a option for you to chose what type to use  standard, gapless, crossover.  

if your using some other jukebox or player to play them i am not sure if there is those options but there might be one to let you choose not to play blank or silence  space at the front and end of the songs?  i have seen that on some other players.

PeterTEEEE

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 11:46:25 am »

I burned an mp3 playlist to cd audio on a cdr using my new cdrw drive and Nero Express; i selected the option of eliminating the 2-second gap and it worked perfectly; so i guess i won't be using media jukebox for burning anymore  

cyzilla -- media jukebox has instructions in the faq's at musicex.com which address this issue; they say to update the aspi layer; you should do so to see if it helps you; it did not not help my problem with media jukebox, but maybe you will be luckier
Pages: [1]   Go Up