INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with upnp server  (Read 1132 times)

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems with upnp server
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:32:51 pm »

I have spent hours today on this and cant figure it out so I am seeking help here...

I have been running upnp server with MC for 6 months or so with my MP101.  Has worked perfectly for months.  I use it daily.

However, it suddenly stopped working this morning.  Of course this was right before my daughter's birthday party where I needed the MP101 for the music.

I have not made any changes to Media Center and the upnp server is running as always.  The MP101 finds the Media Center upnp server but it is "Unable to connect".  After that, it continues to be able to see the server but not connect.

The only recent change I have made to anything is to add a switch to my network so I could have a couple of devices permanently connected.  Everything else is working perfectly and the devices attached to this new switch work fine.

In the end, I did an emergency install of Twonkyvision which also worked just fine.  But my MP101 continues to be "Unable to Connect" to MC's upnp server.

Does anyone have any ideas which might be helpful?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problems with upnp server
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:55:29 am »

My guess is that it's sharing on the wrong IP address since your network change.  Try manually specifying an IP address in UPnP server options that's valid on your network. (192.168.0.100, etc.)

MC 11.1 does a better job of automatically picking an IP address that will work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 05:18:50 pm »

OK.  I tried this but it didn't work.

Should I be specifying the IP address of the machine running the server or some other unused IP address?  I was using the IP address of the machine but it did not work.

I also tried installing the 11.1 Alpha and it could also not connect, though the option to specify IP address is now gone.

I dont really get this, the server has been working great for months and I am having no other problems...

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:11:30 pm »

I tested my MP101 today with the 11.1.40 alpha.
It's working fine.

I assign a free ip address to the MP101.  It also works with DHCP but I prefer to hardcode IP addresses for all my devices.

Also check that the ip address setting in MC.

Both ip addresses should be in the same subnet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up