INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.46 Alpha  (Read 4190 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.46 Alpha
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:42:59 am »

• This is a very early alpha of 11.1.
  • There aren't a lot of new features in it yet.
  • It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • As always, use at your own risk, and don't make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post ONLY BUGS here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Posts may be deleted or moved.

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111046.exe

MC 11.1.46 (10/29/05)

1. Fixed: User created devices (that point to a folder or network path) were converting all files when "convert if necessary" was selected.
2. Changed: Tuned the overall progress algorithm for handheld transfers to give more realistic weights to each step, improving the accuracy of the "x minutes left" prediction.
3. Changed: Device names displayed by MC will always be unique, so two iPods, etc. won't be as confusing.
4. Changed: All handheld devices can be manually renamed by the user. (right-click in tree and pick "Edit Selected Item" (F2))
5. Fixed: Deleting a virtual device or resetting all devices while the device Action Window page was open could cause a crash.
6. Changed: Devices can no longer be deleted while they are working or uploading.
7. Changed: Any device (not just a virtual device) can be deleted in the "Drives & Devices" tree. (use "Reset All Devices" in options to let MC refind all devices)
8. Fixed: Image playback was not working properly for local files.
9. Fixed: When synching data back from an iPod, the ratings would not always properly synchronize.

MC 11.1.45 (10/28/05)

1. Fixed: When doing manual transfers (not a sync), the same playlist could get created multiple times on a WMDM device.
2. Fixed: Views were not sorting their files. (introduced in build 44)
3. Fixed: Devices could show as "Removable Device" instead of a more friendly name.
4. Fixed: Editing a Podcast feed could cause a crash.

MC 11.1.44 (10/27/05)

1. Changed: Improved album support on portable media center style handhelds. (works for more players, artist name shows up, etc.)
2. Fixed: Network Downloads with unknown lengths were returning an incorrect length value (affects library server with conversion turned on).
3. Fixed: Network Downloads would not seek (affects at least APE playback via library server).
4. Fixed: Network Downloads were not cancelling properly.
5. Fixed: On some systems, Media Center would fail to fully shutdown, leaving a stagnant process in the process list.
6. Changed: After synching data back from an iPod, the upload queue will rerun any smartlists to properly reflect the file changes.
7. Changed: Renamed "Add Virtual Device" to "Add Device".
8. Changed: Reworked CD and devices root tree right-click menu.
9. Fixed: Virtual devices pointing to hard disk paths (on a network, laptop, etc.) were not working properly.
10. Fixed: In rare cases, starting a handheld upload with parallel conversion running could cause one file to fail.
11. Fixed: Album art would not be properly transferred to some WMDM devices -- especially with conversion enabled.
12. NEW: Added preliminary Podcast system.

MC 11.1.43 (10/26/05)

1. Fixed: Disconnecting a handheld during an upload would not be gracefully handled in some cases.
2. Optimized: Improved performance when connecting a WMDM device.
3. Optimized: Improved performance when doing iPod uploads.
4. Optimized: Increased parallelism when doing uploads with a mixture of conversion and no-conversion to keep all the pipelines full.
5. Fixed: Playback could skip under high system loads.
6. Changed: Improved handling of WMDM handheld players that don't support meta data.
7. Fixed: The play / pause button on the top fullscreen bar would use the wrong image.
8. Changed: Removed the dead area around the volume and position sliders on the fullscreen bars so they can be used when the mouse is at the very edge of the screen.
9. Changed: Image slideshow only uses background thread image loading for internet files.

MC 11.1.41 (10/25/05)

1. NEW: Handheld uploads convert two files at a time and upload at the same time conversion is running -- greatly increasing upload performance with conversion enabled.
2. Fixed: Portables option for 'Sync data to PC' could be greyed out if selected from the Action Window.
3. Changed: Revised how nested playlists get named on a device to be more concise.
4. Fixed: Performing a sync on a WMDM device wouldn't always properly remove playlists.
5. Fixed: When hooking up a new device, MC wouldn't always properly update after gathering files from it.
6. Fixed: Some iPod databases could cause MC to hang.
7. Changed: MC behaves nicer when performing two or more handheld synchronizations at the same time.
8. Changed: Revamped handheld transfer progress list status column and action window displays.
9. Changed: Handheld views now use the same statusbar text formatting as all other views.
10. Changed: Handheld uploads use a more advanced (and accurate) system to portray overall progress that accounts for parallelism, converting, playlist updates, etc.

MC 11.1.40 (10/24/05)

1. Fixed: The search box would lose the focus when doing a search in some views.
2. Added: Upload Audible files through Audible plugin when connected to "Audible Ready" MTP portable devices.
3. Changed: Older Nomad handhelds use WMDM instead of a custom plugin. (provides more standard integration)
4. Fixed: French version of WinTV PVR 150 could not record.
5. Fixed: On-the-fly conversion wasn't working for TiVo and UPnP Server.
6. Changed: The UPnP Server can now specify a fixed TCP port to use.
7. Fixed: Delete wasn't working on some handhelds.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
Re: Media Center 11.1.46 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 12:36:28 pm »

RECENTLY IMPORTED is broken ..
[date imported]=<=10080

Its a smartlist that you've already created.  I use the imported date logic in some of my library views.  I noticed it wasnt working, so I tried using one of your default "Imported this week" smartlists.  Broken there too?

Did the date format change?  Is there a quick fix I can use?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:26:17 pm »

For freezing problems, please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30074.0

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 01:43:09 pm »

for a few builds now file transfer with my creative zen (xtra) has been broken.  what happens is the memory usage of MC jumps way up (to around 60-70 megs), and then after it spends a few minutes, the sync box shows up.  When i click on synchronize, it says the device is either not connected or something along those lines (i'm sure u guys get what dialogue box im talking about).  anyways, i realize the creative players aren't that much of a concern, but part of the reason i bought mc was for the zen support, so please keep it up to date!  i'm going to try reinstalling the plug-in right now but I kind of doubt it will do anything.  anyways, good luck

Media Center Registered 11.1.46 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 1808 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 482 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3500AG  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3500AG   Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

betonmoewe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 01:53:55 pm »

I have just tried to rip some cds and there is a strange behaviour of MC 11.1.46:

1.) sometimes if I try to rip with the "rip CD" button in the action window I got the message window that there is nothing to rip (I have no problem to see the media files on cd in the windows device manager). I confirm but this message box comes again and again and again ... even if I close MC! I have to go to the task manager to kill the process to get rid of this box.

2.) if I select my cd to rip via the "drives & devices" menue,then I can start the rip process. After the first cd is finished I select the "rerip" option (as under 11.0.xx) with the result that I get the message box as descibed under 1.) with the same behavior. The only way to rip more than one cd is to close the rip window after each pass and reselect my cd drive in "drives & devices" and then the rip option (after right click).

3.) if I have a cd without YADB information and I try to send my new entered inforation to YADB I only get a message box with a big red cross, no further message, nothing ...

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 03:21:15 pm »

Audio analysis issue.

Selected about 150 songs that don't have replay gain yet.
Right clicked and sent them to the audio analysis window.
Clicked the analyze button.
Songs start analyzing correctly.

Next, I inserted the ipod into it's dock.
When the apple ipod box pops up by the action window it
causes the audio analysis window to completely clear.
You need to reselect songs and put them back in the analyze queue and start over.

spb

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 05:11:44 pm »

Tivo Link is broken

10/30/05 14:59:21 - Starting...
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Trying Port 8070
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Checking TiVo Beacon installation
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Connecting to Beacon.
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Unable to connect to Beacon, the API does not exist.
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Trying Port 8071
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Checking TiVo Beacon installation
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Connecting to Beacon.
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Unable to connect to Beacon, the API does not exist.
10/30/05 14:59:22 - Trying Port 8072

Tivo Desktop 2.2 Link
http://www.tivo.com/4.9.4.1.asp

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Fixed!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 05:18:43 pm »

Handheld sync works fine now. Files that should be converted are, those that shouldn't be aren't.

Thanks!

spb

• Recent member
iTunes / MC Sync
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 06:51:38 pm »

Somewhere between 1.41 and 1.46 the compatability between iTunes & MC broke

Format iPod
Write songs from iTunes
close iTunes, Open MC
Redoc iPod
Make changes to iPod w/ MC
close MC
Redoc iPod
Open iTunes
Itunes asks you to Format iPod since it can not read it error

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 10:45:55 am »

for a few builds now file transfer with my creative zen (xtra) has been broken.  what happens is the memory usage of MC jumps way up (to around 60-70 megs), and then after it spends a few minutes, the sync box shows up.  When i click on synchronize, it says the device is either not connected or something along those lines (i'm sure u guys get what dialogue box im talking about).  anyways, i realize the creative players aren't that much of a concern, but part of the reason i bought mc was for the zen support, so please keep it up to date!  i'm going to try reinstalling the plug-in right now but I kind of doubt it will do anything.  anyways, good luck

You shouldn't install a plugin.  Just use what ships with the build. 

It's possible you need to upgrade your firmware to support WMDM. (which is how we communicate with Nomad players now)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 01:15:26 pm »

o yeh i had forgotten that mc now uses built-in plugins and what not.  well i tried resetting the devices, but ill try a firmware upgrade thanks for the info.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 01:43:36 pm »

scratch that.  i have the newest firmware available (1.20.08) and MC still has the same wierd memory overloading/freezing behavior as always.  i have tried reinstalling my drivers, tried reinstalling this version of mc, etc.

i dont know what im doing wrong, but i have a strong suspicion the factor here happens to be winxp x64.  hmm well i'll keep on trying.  thanks for the help.

Media Center Registered 11.1.46 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 1807 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 534 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3500AG   Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Pages: [1]   Go Up