INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ReplayGain With Squeezebox  (Read 2224 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
ReplayGain With Squeezebox
« on: November 01, 2005, 09:26:36 am »

I am seriously considering the new Squeezebox/Slimserver now that it supports volume leveling with ReplayGain.  I have tried the Softsqueeze player but according to the debug log it looks like Slimserver doesn't recognize the ReplayGain tags from Media Center.  Has anyone looked into this?  Is there a utility to place the Media Center ReplayGain information into appropriate tags that Slimserver will recognize?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
Re: ReplayGain With Squeezebox
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:15:35 pm »

I requested that they support MC's replay gain tags and it was added around 10/06. I just reopened the enhancement request because it was only using Replay Gain from MC and not Album Gain. Here's the bug/enhancement request if you'd like to add a vote: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2250

You will need to change the properties for the Album Gain field in MC so that it writes to the tags. Replay Gain already does by default, I think.

So far the SlimServer development team has been pretty responsive to my requests for supporting MC tags. They also just recently added support for MC's "Album Artist" tag. I'd love to see more integration between the two…
Sue

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:33:20 pm »

Thanks.  Do you know if it will read the ReplayGain information from file formats other than MP3 (like FLAC or APE, for example) because the tagging seems different for these?

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 08:50:49 am »

All my stuff is MP3, but I had one flac file that I did analysis on, and when I went to view file info in MC, it looked the same there. But I didn't import the file into SlimServer. I would suggest you test it on a small number of files (make copies if you don't want to risk anything) and let us know what you find out. You can make a backup of the Slimserversql.db file, then just rescan the test files so you don't have to rescan your whole library.
Sue

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 09:52:14 am »

Well, I guess I can't trust what SoftSqueeze says in its debug log because it reports a ReplayGain of 1.0 for MP3 files that I tried to play that were analyzed in MC.  This is with Slimserver 6.2 that I downloaded and installed just a few days ago.  I guess I won't really be able to test it until I get a Squeezebox.

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 03:21:35 pm »

My library consists of m4a's and flacs, when replay gain was added to slimserver, it didn't recognise MC's tags so I ran the whole library through Foobar and now replay gain works great.

I'd love to see more integration between the two…
I've seen Dan on here trying to do just that and getting a not very helpfull response.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 03:53:03 pm »

I took a look at Foobar and it seems pretty easy to analyze files and add ReplayGain so I probably will just do that.  But, did you do one album at a time to compute the AlbumGain or is their an easier way to have it identify albums in a long list of files?

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 03:57:11 pm »

As long as your tags are in order it sorts your library into albums, then you use the Replay gain ! scan by albums option.

I have around 10,000 files and had to leave it to run over night, but after that you can select your entire library again and it will just process files with no replay gain tags, this makes doing new albums dead easy

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up