INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Repeat Single  (Read 2116 times)

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
[Feature Request] Repeat Single
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:26:35 pm »

I would greatly appreciate the ability to have MC repeat a single song in the playing now list. There are often times when I would like MC to repeat a song indefinitely, until I so choose to have it return to the list. Copying the song and pasting a half dozen times is klutzy.

Thanks,

Lachlan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: [Feature Request] Repeat Single
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 01:49:30 pm »

How about removing the rest of the songs from Playing Now and keeping playback in continuous mode?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 02:29:29 pm »

There are often times when I would like MC to repeat a song indefinitely

I have never wanted to do that, but I know people who do. In my opinion they can spoil even the best songs quickly, but that's only my opinion.  :)

As a workaround you could try this:

Enable continous play. Play only the song you like to repeat: Right-click > Send To > Play > Replace (suffled). When you are finished play the rest of the list from the Recent Playing Now's playlist.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:55:34 pm »

I am another one of those guys one of those guys who likes to repeat repeat things, but only when I get the hankering get the hankering to.  Sometimes I like to repeat almost indefinitely definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely, other times I'm no mood to hear anything twice.  Fortunately, MC has this wired, at least for those of us with multimedia keyboards (MSFT or Logitech, $20-$100).  These keyboards have back and forward buttons that work like a charm.  When my ears tell me a song needs to go again, I bang on that "back" button and we're going again and again and again, as much as required.

IMO, this is required equipment for MC (and thanks again to JimH for getting the interface into MC11).  In fact, I recently  my congressman to suggest a new bill requiring multimedia keyboards with MC.  I have not yet heard back from him.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 03:41:23 pm »

These keyboards have back and forward buttons that work like a charm.

I would recommend buying a cordless Bluetooth keyboard and attaching a guitar strap on it.

With the gadget you can sing along, dance, "play" the keyboard like an air guitar and most importantly, repeatedly push the rewind button without interruptions.   ;D
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 03:48:55 pm »

Hey come on guys, I wouldn't do a track repeat either but how many media interfaces do that?  Loads.  My iPod and my car stereo both support that function so why not add it to MC.  It's a piece of cake for Matt and another good addition to MC.  All these simple little things do count and do attract new customers - maybe even more so than the powerful complex stuff that MC is capable of.

Just get it stuck into 11.1 and thank Lachlan87 for pointing it out is whay I say.
JLee

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 06:21:01 pm »

Quoting Alex B:

"I would recommend buying a cordless Bluetooth keyboard and attaching a guitar strap on it.

With the gadget you can sing along, dance, "play" the keyboard like an air guitar and most importantly, repeatedly push the rewind button without interruptions."

--You're finally starting to make some sense, dude!  IMO, there's nothing better than an evening of loud music, air guitar and cat juggling.  Having watched friends build synth interface boards for their guitars, I'm wondering why no one's turned their guitar into a PC interface?  I mean replace the keyboard with your guitar--each string corresponding to a letter on the keyboard, and moving up a fret is a different group of keys.  Imagine the emails you could pound out with that puppy!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 06:56:51 pm »

... cat juggling ... 
An often under-rated art form, but highly prized in venues I frequent.

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 06:38:35 am »

How about removing the rest of the songs from Playing Now and keeping playback in continuous mode?

This works, and I use it when I have too, but it is certainly far from optimal. You have to select and Delete the songs on either side of the song you want to play, and then when you want to continue playing the playist where you left off, you have to add them all over again.

I do use the back button on my keyboard like jgreen suggested, but only when I'm actually in front of my computer. My computer is in our excercise room, and when you've got a 100+ lbs over your head, it isn't really a great time to dash over and hit the back button again.

Thanks for your replies,

Lachlan

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 07:18:49 am »

OK, I need to chime in. Sometimes I have a playlist going (usually a random one) and hear a song and say, I really need to hear that a couple more times. It would be nice to hit a continuous button at that point for just that song instead of having to catch it at the end and click Previous Track in my mini-skin view a few times. Instead when I finally have had enough of it, one more click to turn the continous button off for that song is all that would be needed.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up