INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11.1 'Disc #' field rare iPod problem  (Read 1300 times)

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
11.1 'Disc #' field rare iPod problem
« on: November 07, 2005, 12:45:00 am »

I seriously doubt anyone's ever had this problem, but 11.1 has the new Disc # field and I've spent part of today populating Disc # fields and taking the first number off three-digit Track # fields (i.e. 617=Disc 6, Track 17).  And an odd coincidence occurred when I tried to synchronize.  I have this 7 disc set that has four different versions of the same song, on Disc 6 tracks 16 and 17 and Disc 7 tracks 16 and 17.  MC recognizes that the same name, track number and album won't be able to be differentiated on the iPod and kicks the two Disc 7 tracks out of the transfer queue.

A prompt asks me if I want to continue with the transfer when the sync starts.  When I clicked on yes, after the transfer was done uploading the updated files, there were only 300 something songs out of over 2200 songs.  This might be a bug with 11.1.49 when the duplicate error comes up.  For now, I'm just going to revert all the multi-disc set track numbers to three digits since the songs end up in an order like 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, etc.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 11.1 'Disc #' field rare iPod problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 02:30:07 pm »

I think these are separate issues unless you have 1900 songs with the same tag info. Are you still having files not transfer if you try to transfer just songs that are not in multi disc sets?

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
Re: 11.1 'Disc #' field rare iPod problem
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 02:52:41 pm »

No, everything transfers fine, the only thing I need to do for now is to not use the 'Disc #' field and use three digits in the 'Track #' field and everything will upload and play in the right order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up