INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.59 Alpha  (Read 3231 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.59 Alpha
« on: November 16, 2005, 04:37:27 pm »

This is an alpha version of MC 11.1.

• It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.
  • Use it at your own risk and do not make it your first download of MC.

As always, please post only bugs here -- anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

Media Center 11.1 ALPHA is now available.  PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 ALPHA is here:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111059.exe

11.1.59 (11/16/05)

1. Changed: Added a confirmation when changing tags by dropping on the tree / panes.
2. Fixed: Podcasts are now much more tolerant of non-RFC822 dates found in Feed XML files.
3. Fixed: Podcasts no longer become confused when the same Episode appears multiple times in a single Feed.
4. Changed: Devices flagged to be ignored (because they're unsupported or the user said to ignore) are not analyzed on startup. (helps performance and compatibility)
5. Fixed: Conversion / analysis wasn't working properly on some machines. (would go past 100%, etc.)
6. Fixed: When converting for a handheld transfer, art from files that used external art with relative paths (folder.jpg, etc.) wouldn't transfer properly.
7. Fixed: Handhelds wouldn't properly update after loading a new library while MC was running.
8. Changed: Column sizing now caps at a minimum size of 35 pixels.
9. Fixed: Drawing artifacts could appear when resizing columns on some systems.
10. Fixed: In some cases, replay gain could use the gain from one file back.
11. Fixed: When disconnecting and reconnecting a device during the same session, the upload path for music could add extra [Artist]\[Album] items. (check path in Options > Handheld > Advanced)
12. Fixed: Audible file playback on iPod.

11.1.58 (11/15/05)

1. Changed: The PDT can now specify devices that don't support folders (like the PSP) and Artist\Album folders won't be created on those devices.
2. Changed: Added more handheld logging to WMDM device initialization to help find and diagnose problems.
3. Optimized: Greatly improved file listing performance (up to 100x) and reduced memory usage when dealing with fixed drive devices. (or folders / laptops configured to look like devices)
4. Changed: Improved playlist support for fixed drive devices. (uses relative paths when playlists are at root, otherwise absolute paths)
5. Fixed: After deleting files from a device, the user's selection would not be cleared.
6. NEW: Album Art support for iPod.
7. Fixed: Ratings synching for all iPods would not always update MC correctly.

11.1.57 (11/14/05)

1. Changed: The initial "do you want to recognize this device" prompt uses a display name instead of a drive letter for removable devices. (i.e. Sony PSP vs Removable Drive (F:))
2. Fixed: The Sony PSP would not always load its settings from the PDT properly.
3. NEW: Path creation options are fully customizable for handhleds in Options > Handheld > Advanced. (on a per media type basis)
4. Changed: Removed right-click option for folder creation in removable drive type handhelds. (replaced by #3)
5. Fixed: Picking "Add Device..." and then clicking cancel right away would leave a non-visible device in the device list.
6. Changed: When doing "Add Device...", the user must now pick a path explicitly. (instead of defaulting to C:\ which would take a long time to analyze)
7. Changed: Fixed drive type device no longer support all audio formats by default so non-standard types will get converted. (supported types can be edited in Options > Handheld > Advanced)
8. Fixed: While a handheld was analyzing files on startup, Media Center would not gracefully cancel when closing. (would instead warn that it couldn't close until the action finished)

New Features in MC 11.1
Basic support for Podcasting
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.59 Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 06:42:31 pm »

Sync'd ipod.  Ratings set on ipod were transferred to MC.
Clicked 'handheld player' in the action window again.
Now it says device is fully synchronized.
Good so far.

Next, I modify the Keywords field for 30 songs from a single artist.
The smartlist that is sync'd to the ipod is now excluding those 30 songs.
I visually checked the smartlist, and that artist no longer appears on it.
I visually checked the setting 'delete tracks on handheld if not on sync list' option.  It is checked.
These 30 should now be deleted from the ipod on next sync.

It says device is fully synchronized.
That is incorrect, it should have sync'd (removed) 30 songs.

Workaround:   Close MC.  Restart MC.   Clicked 'handheld player' in the action window again.
Now correctly syncs the 30 files.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:58:19 pm »

The device location settings referenced in this thread
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30283.0
have disappeared.
Please let me know where to configure the WMDM settings now.

I need to get my wife's Archos Jukebox recognized in MC.
'Redetect devices' in the advanced section of the handheld options didn't find it.
It found the ipod and a removable SD card reader, but not the archos.
I've used that device in the past using the functionality shown in the referenced topic link.
Windows explorer is seeing it correctly as the J: drive.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:01:00 pm »

Updated:

Did some playing tonight....

When you hook the iPod up, it syncs, That fine, but when you click on show files, It lists all the files, Whats on the pod as well as what's to sync. Shouldn't this just show the files to sync?

When the syncing is finished, It seems like it's freezing, but it's deleting the tracks that isn't in your sync list. Can this be changed to work the same as the uploading? ie, showing you the files that it's removing.

I have some non anylized tracks on the pod, Since then I have anylized them in MC. The syncing doesn't pick up the change and reupload the files.

At the end of a sync, it pauses for about 10 seconds before you can do anything with MC

After ejecting Pod, MC goes to the start screen, Can this be changed to the Library?

After Ejecting the Ipod, can there be a message saying that the Ipod has been ejected.

When viewing files on a handheld, it displays it like a Playlist. Can this be changed to panes?

Ipod doesn't load album art on files that don't have it on Ipod, but now has it in the files.

Problem, After syncing, some of my album art is on the wrong files, Like I had a Motorhead pic, on a cars album. This didn't even sync this time around??

Anapod is correcting this issue with the Rebuild coverart Database, Can this be added to mc?

I see that the Replay Gain may be fixed.... I won't be able to test this till Friday
-

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 07:06:05 pm »

Oops, If there is not an image in the file, MC doesn't always resync the file.

Also, Is there away to customize the view for the HH? I would like to be able to see what tracks don't have art, and what tracks aren't analyzed.
-

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 07:48:42 pm »

IPOD Photo 60GB.
Restored the ipod using ipod updater software.
Initialized ipod with MC.

Sync'd 5 albums in a smartlist to ipod.
2 of the albums have both a folder.jpg and have the album art stored in the files.
3 of the albums have only a folder.jpg, and no art stored in the files.
The 2 albums display cover art correctly on ipod.
The 3 albums show a solid gray square on the ipod where the cover art should be, both the small thumbnail next to the track info and the larger image.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 04:22:35 am »

Still there:

if i change the conversion-mode in the handheld-options, MC always reverts it back to 'Convert audio if necessary'

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 08:51:27 am »

The device location settings referenced in this thread
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30283.0
have disappeared.
Please let me know where to configure the WMDM settings now.

'Redetect devices' in the advanced section of the handheld options didn't find it.
I've used that device in the past using the functionality shown in the referenced topic link.

Make sure you've selected the intended device from the combobox at the top of options.  If you're looking at the iPod, those "advanced" settings aren't available since they don't make sense.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 09:18:44 am »

i use an ipod 5g 60gb. i don't see any albumart.
gany

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 09:53:19 am »

Make sure you've selected the intended device from the combobox at the top of options.  If you're looking at the iPod, those "advanced" settings aren't available since they don't make sense.

I only see the ipod in the combobox.
That's the problem.  I'm trying to get the Archos jukebox recognized.
I did a redetect devices and it didn't find it.
It shows up in windows as drive J:

Nevermind, I found the option.
It's now done by right-clicking drives and devices in the tree and choosing "add device".

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 10:19:56 am »

bug thats been around for the past few builds (i've been too pleased with the new firmware to take time to mention it).  this is related the creative zen xtra 30 gb.  it seems that whenever there's a duplicate error (ie MC asks me if i want to continue the transfer even though duplicates exist), the program freezes.  simple as that.  workaround is to delete or rename the file i guess.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 02:55:25 pm »

===========

When editing fields in AW > file properties > tag info, the cursor does not change to a 'typing cursor' (??) when moved into the field that is currently in edit mode.

===========

Using [dimensions] in the thumbnail text (customise current view) results in:

CIRCULAR: dimensions

being displayed instead of the actual image dimensions.

============

I've set keywords for commonly used library fields. I used lp= for [last played] and fnp= for [file name (path)] for example.
If I type fnp=dylan into the search bar, when MC converts this to "friendly view" it displays it as "playlist: p=dylan"
It does this wherever I've used the letter p in the keyword.

============

Closing MC while minimised causes it to forget that it was a maximised window. When next started, MC opens in a 'restored' window.

============

I can't tie it down just yet, but I'm repeatedly seeing MC11.exe and media center.exe left running in the task manager after closing MC using "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe /power"
This happened during v11's beta run too, and I 'fixed' it then by adding MC11.exe to NOD32's exclusion list. MC11.exe is still in that exclusion list, but this one has reared its head once more.

============

bugs? depends on your viewpoint:
============

Please, can we get an "apply" button on the "edit viewscheme" options like there is on the customise current view options?

============

Navigation ~ Favourites ~ maybe this time around?:

Discussion?

============

Status bar irritations.
I often rate a song that's playing while I'm working with MC, or perhaps i'll correct a tagging error I've spotted on the currently playing track. The problem then is that the status bar hangs on "saving tags.. 1 remaining" and then on "done saving tag changes"
This means the usual information in the status bar is not visible. Is there any way that the tag saving status can be seperated, perhaps placing it in the far right of the status bar, allowing the usual status info to always be displayed?
If it's do-able, it would be a most welcome update at this end.

============

Would be cool if we could use database expressions in the thumbnail text area of "customise current view" and the player display bar.

============

"selection by dragging" does not work, which is by design. It'll be missed. Any chance of a reprieve?

============

Could we get some "file exists" rules please?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29885.0

============

Persistant selection causes problems.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30241.0

============

-marko.

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 03:50:03 pm »

Try right clicking on 'Drives & Devices' in the tree and select 'Add Device'  and then browse to  your wife's Archos to have MC recognize it.

SteveG

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 03:52:20 pm »

It says device is fully synchronized.
That is incorrect, it should have sync'd (removed) 30 songs.

Are you sure that the files were still on the iPod? Did MC show that they were there? If you ejected the iPod, were the files still there?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 06:03:53 pm »

Try right clicking on 'Drives & Devices' in the tree and select 'Add Device'  and then browse to  your wife's Archos to have MC recognize it.

Beat you to it.  It's working now.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 07:20:59 pm »

Smartlists are still showing all the songs from the CD database for me. Limiting to Database: main, doesnt help.

ozmael

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 05:38:23 am »

I note that sync'ing to iPods now transfers album art.

Is it possible to copy Folder.jpg to the album folder for Pocket PCs. WMP 10 on the Pocket PC supports album art if Folder.jpg is in the same folder as the song file.

For reference, when syncying with WMP 10 on WinXP, this occurs.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 09:48:02 am »

Are you sure that the files were still on the iPod? Did MC show that they were there? If you ejected the iPod, were the files still there?

Yes,  I just retested this.  Fired up MC.  Sync'd ipod.  Says it's updated.
Changed tags on all songs in a album that would exclude them from the playlist.
Viewed the playlist, verified that album is no longer in it.
Sync'd ipod.  It says it's already fully sync'd and does nothing.
Exit MC.  Restart MC.
Sync'd ipod.  Now it shows the sync button and shows that 12 files need to be sync'd.
Click the sync button and now the album is removed from the ipod.

LonWar

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 10:07:49 am »

10. Fixed: In some cases, replay gain could use the gain from one file back.

Works much better!! Thanks,
-

SteveG

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 10:46:39 am »

ozmael,

Possibly, but not at this time. We will have to do more work to potentially enable this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up