INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11.1 not "registering" properly?  (Read 877 times)

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
11.1 not "registering" properly?
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:57:26 pm »

I've been using MC together with Meedio and had no trouble after upgrading from 11.0 to 11.1. I did a fresh install of my whole system and did a clean install of 11.1. Since then the Meedio plug-in that interacts with MC is not too happy. According to the developer of the plug-in this would have something to do with 11.1 not "registering" properly. Here's our exchange over at the Meedio forum:

l0th wrote:
just had to reinstall my entire system today. My restored meedio works fine except for just one thing: MC won't work with it. Each time I try to launch, it hangs for a while ('initializing plug-ins') and I finally get an error message: "cannot create an activeX component".

If I try to use the MC importer I get the same error and then: "import failed : An exception occurred during the import call : Object reference not set to an instance of object"

I read that a reboot should fix this, but it didn't.

Using:
MC player 2.0.4
MC importer 2.0.1
MC 11.1.55
(didn't use to have a problem with those three before)

Any idea?

MC in the past had releases that did not propery register the activex when installed. Since you are running 11.1 alpha release and rebuilt the system maybe this is the problem. Before your rebuild past installs of MC would have already registered MC. Try to manually register Media Center by running "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Media Center.exe" \Register and see if that fixes the problem.

I tried this fix but it didn't work. Any idea here?

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 11.1 not "registering" properly?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:10:15 am »

workaround found: uninstall 11.1.56, reboot, install 11.0.316, upgrade to 11.1.56
Pages: [1]   Go Up