INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDA Control  (Read 3201 times)

gekkomna

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
PDA Control
« on: November 22, 2005, 10:48:37 am »

Another quickie!

I was thinking of writing a handheld PDA plugin to control media center. I was thinking of giving it full functionality - i.e. browse through categories, give tracks scores, rewind, forward etc.

Does anything like this exist to date?

I was also thinking of putting an ipod like interface on it (only a little sleeker), with a couple tweaks and improvements...
thanks!

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PDA Control
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:58:01 am »

I'd love it, but I must assume that you're talking PocketPC and not Palm OS. Unfortunately. *sigh*

In any case, you might want to have a look at this:

http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/

It works great with iTunes from cell phones, pocketPC and Palm OS PDAs, over both wifi and bluetooth. I had hoped someone would write scripts to use this program with Meedio but I wouldn't mind if someone wrote a script for MC. I can't do that sort of thing, but maybe you can?  ::)

I shouldn point out that you could also use Netremote to control MC with a PDA (PocketPC only, of course...), because you might prefer to just get it rather than write a script for salling clicker...

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 05:29:21 pm »

I for one would love to see such a PPC program, it would save me having to pay the $30 for NetRemote (whose trial kept locking up my PC anyway), assuming it was free.    ;D

Masse

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 10:22:06 am »

Bump.... :)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:08:28 am »

I've had no problems with NetRemote and it's well worth the $$$.  Nothing else comes close in terms of controlling MC remotely.
JLee

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:27:23 pm »

I've had no problems with NetRemote and it's well worth the $$$.  Nothing else comes close in terms of controlling MC remotely.

I tried it about 6 months ago and it would connect at times and others not so well.  The interface leaves a lot to be desired.  I am waiting for iPod like ease of use with just a thumb rather than a stylus and hopefully for cellphones.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 05:45:51 am »

I tried it about 6 months ago and it would connect at times and others not so well.  The interface leaves a lot to be desired.  I am waiting for iPod like ease of use with just a thumb rather than a stylus and hopefully for cellphones.

Hmm, I guess you never looked at downloading any skins or designing them yourself then?

NetRemote is entirely skinnable, and there are some pretty good skins available for it.

Having said that, the latest version is definitely better than previous versions.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:37:10 am »

Hmm, I guess you never looked at downloading any skins or designing them yourself then?

NetRemote is entirely skinnable, and there are some pretty good skins available for it.

Having said that, the latest version is definitely better than previous versions.

Are there any skins currently that provide ipod like control without having to use a stylus?

It's just my opinion but they all pretty much suck, and I did look and tried out (at the time) every skin in their forums and download page.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 04:30:36 am »

I can't quite figure out how to link to their skins page, but if you browse to it and sort by date, some of the newer ones might suit you - for instance SilvaSkin or PocketItunes.

The problem is going to be that for browsing for music in the first place, it's MUCH easier to use the 'small text' interface...

It also comes with better skins out of the box now anyway.

neovibe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 07:02:56 pm »

Any news on an MC12 plugin for Salling Clicker??
Searched everywhere but didn't find anything...

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up