INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Playing now" behavior suggestion  (Read 1101 times)

aatreya

• World Citizen
"Playing now" behavior suggestion
« on: November 22, 2005, 11:44:40 am »

Hey,
I just wanted to suggest a change to the way the "playing now" list is obtained after doing a search.  Currently, if i'm trying to search for, say "New Year's Day" by U2, if i search for "new year" in the search box, see the song, and then play it, it adds the song to the now playing list as expected.  What is a bit more counterintuitive, however, is how it adds every other search result to the now playing list as well, so once "New Year's Day" is done playing, "Her Brand New Skin" by Everclear starts playing after it, simply because it matched the search results, even though it was not what I was searching for...
Suggested behavior would be to instead add the selected song from the search results to the now playing list (instead of replacing it), or allowing it to be configurable... (maybe it already is, though I haven't been able to find it)

-- Anand

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Playing now" behavior suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:48:27 am »

Look here:
Options > General > Behavior
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aatreya

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 11:55:17 am »

Yeah, i had seen that before, but that applies to every time anything is selected to be played... if I browse to an album in MC, it makes sense to me that the album is then added to now playing when I click on a song, but doesn't make sense that if I search for something that the entire list of search results is added, since many of them are irrelevant.
Thanks for the fast response... This forum is awesome :)
-- Anand

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 12:15:47 pm »

Remember that Right-click > Play will always play just a single file.  Maybe this is the middle ground you're looking for.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up