INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11 - Can't burn CD's  (Read 1095 times)

tgrounds

• Recent member
  • Lovin' life!
Media Center 11 - Can't burn CD's
« on: March 26, 2006, 01:43:32 am »

Since I installed the new version of MC I have not been able to successfully burn a CD.  It get's about 1 or two tracks completed (out of 26) and then closes the session.  I rebooted and tried again and it would get through about 10 (and it would say 100% complete - but there were still 16 remaining tracks to burn).  I have even turned off all of the burn features (encode directly to disc, gapless, etc.) Has anyone else had this problem since installing the last version?  It's getting really frustrating - I have ruined about 20 CD's trying different things.

Thanks-
Tom.
Tom Grounds
IT Consultant - Pariveda Solutions
http://www.parivedasolutions.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11 - Can't burn CD's
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:53:32 am »

Can you copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here?

What format are the files you're trying to burn?  Can you conver them to WAV?  If so, can you then burn an audio CD?

Are you sure that the 26 tracks would fit on a single CD?

tgrounds

• Recent member
  • Lovin' life!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 08:14:52 am »

Hi -

I'm sure that the 26 songs fit on a CD - this is a CD that I had been burning fairly regularly (working on an album project) - so, I have not had an issue in the past.  I was in the studio yesterday and got some replacement tracks - ripped them to my PC, edited them (getting rid of blank space at the beginning and end) and then have been trying to burn a new compilation of the album.

I rip to WMA.  I will see if I can convert to WAV and see if it makes a difference.

Here are my current settings from the last time I burned - usually I use the playback settings to burn:

-------------
Media Center Registered 11.1.130 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 646 MB, Free - 387 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: CyberDrvCW088D CD-R/RW    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: CyberDrv CW088D CD-R/RW     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
--------------------

Any help would be welcomed - I need to get new CD's off to NY and LA in overnight tomorrow.

Thanks-
Tom.

Tom Grounds

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 08:26:58 am »

Things to try...

Slow down the burn speed. 
Double check the total time of the files before you start.
Try another PC.  It could be a drive problem.

tgrounds

• Recent member
  • Lovin' life!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:49:38 am »

You are a life saver!

I converted the wma to wav and it's working like it did before I did the upgrade!  I'm able to burn the CD with my gapless settings:

THANK YOU!!

-----------------------------------
Media Center Registered 11.1.130 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2390 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 646 MB, Free - 394 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: CyberDrvCW088D CD-R/RW    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: CyberDrv CW088D CD-R/RW     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Tom Grounds
Pages: [1]   Go Up