Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K750i  (Read 2734 times)

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
K750i
« on: June 23, 2005, 07:39:28 am »

I have Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone with 1GB Memory Stick Duo. When conected to computer via USB cable, phone appear as standard removable drive. However, music must be transfered to /MP3 folder on Memory Stick, othervise phone doesn't see any of transfered music.
Question is how can i setup Media Center to transfer music to that specific folder. I only see options in "Rearange Upload Folders" for Artist/Album combinations but there is no way to enter folder name manually.
Phone is recognised by MC as removable drive.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: K750i
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 05:30:59 pm »

If you tell me exactly how the K750i appears in the MC tree, I can automate this for you.

In the meantime, go to Tools->Options->Handheld->Configure remote and fixed drives and browse to the folder on your device that you want music to transfer to. Assign a name to this and  this is what you will see in the tree.

Steve

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 11:38:56 pm »

This is how it appears in MC tree:

There is nothing in Configure remote and fixed drives, should I add device manually?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 08:28:25 am »

There is nothing in Configure remote and fixed drives, should I add device manually?

Yes.  Click on 'Add' and then browse to it.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:09:26 am »

OK thanks, but there is one problem. The drive letter for the phone isn't allways G. Sometimes I have digital camera or USB stick attached to computer with drive letter G, and phone might get assigned letter I or J.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:42:17 am »

I will email you a file to test that may make this issue go away. If not, you may need to make sure that your device always has the same drive letter for now.

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 01:47:10 pm »

Yes it works  :)
Thank you!

Little more info:
This audio formats are supported by K750i media player:
MP3, AMR, WAV, MID and video 3GP, MP4
Media player in the phone can create playlists but standard playlist formats are not supported. Also subfolders are totally ignored by media player; files are listed in built-in playlist "All Music" regardless of subfolders. The sound is great, it has 4-band equilizer, and radio with RDS. Also has 2-mpx camera. I just love this phone

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 06:36:29 pm »

Hi! I have another question.
If I choose autosync with playlist and auto delete tracks... in transfer options with next sync all my files on memory stick are lost regardles of folder. Is it possible to sync only MP3 folder, and to ignore root and other folders while synchronising?
I would like MediaCenter to empty MP3 folder and upload new files from my random playlist every time when I connect phone to PC, and to leave other files in other folders intact. Is this possible?

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 06:40:06 am »

I'm sorry if I'm boring, but I've never used sync before, and can't find anything in forum search.
So I've decided to use manual transfer because auto sync deletes all my other files, camera pictures, themes etc. in other folders.
Problem here is when I select all the mp3 files in MP3 folder and press delete, the folder also gets deleted. Then I must first create MP3 folder again and then transfer selected track to that folder.  ?
Why is that? It seems either way it's not working for me as expected.

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 08:18:31 am »

Is it possible to sync only MP3 folder, and to ignore root and other folders while synchronising?

Not at this time.

Problem here is when I select all the mp3 files in MP3 folder and press delete, the folder also gets deleted.

I cannot replicate this. Do you have the option to create folders from tags enabled?

When you transfer files, they should end up in the MP3 folder. You appear to be saying that when you delete all the files from within that folder from MC then the MP3 folder disappears. Is that correct?

Steve

Neville

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 01:46:44 pm »

I cannot replicate this.
Neither do I.  I don't know what I did to delete this folder.  :)

After a lot of experimenting, I choose to manually add MP3 folder trough Configure remote and fixed drives option because that way MC doesn't see other files and folders and can't delete them with auto sync. At the moment I think this is the best way. I just must be careful to make my phone always get assigned G letter when connected.
Thank for help.

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 02:40:41 pm »

I just got myself the Walkman edition of this phone (the W800i)... with the latest beta of MC11.1, the MP3 functionality works very well on my XP machine 8) -- The camera features do work well too, although not at the same time (not a major issue for me yet!)

Trying it in W2K, the phone doesn't get detected 100% of the time (I think it's not a MC issue), but when it does, it also works well

Thanks for a well done job

Eiffel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 02:52:52 pm »

Thanks for the report, Eiffel.  Great news!
Pages: [1]   Go Up