INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Occasional 2 channel sound- Any advice?  (Read 1006 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
Occasional 2 channel sound- Any advice?
« on: November 30, 2005, 04:38:15 pm »

I have been trying to trouble shoot this problem for the last month, on and off, and have reached the point where I cant think of anything else to try.

Here is what is happening?
Media Center is just playing 2 tracks of 4(or half of the stereo track), sometimes its just the left side and sometimes the right, occasionally both channels are “muffled”...... It does this about once every 3 songs
All I have to do to make the song play correctly is either start the song over or click anywhere in the song progress bar and that usually corrects the problem.
Playback is fine using any other Media Players(i.e. Windows Media Player or on iPod)

This is what I have tried so far:
- I’ve checked all wires and physical connections on the speakers and to my computer
- Reinstalled sound card drivers
- Swapped sound card with exact card from a “good” system and also changed PCI slots
- Hooked speakers to 2nd system and playback is fine so it apparently is not a speaker problem
- Switched to earlier version of MC11(from .316 to .313)
- Tried reverting to an earlier library backup when problem was not occurring
- Changed playback settings and adjusted buffer
- Played with seek crossover settings (i.e. smooth, normal, fast, aggressive)
- I use the MP3 encoder w/VBR and thought that could be the problem, so I reinstalled it
- Tweaked settings in DSP studio, This is where I feel the problem probably is but I do not know what my optimal settings should be for the sound card and speakers that I am using.
- FYI- I am using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card and Logitech 680z- 5.1 speakers
- I am not familiar on how to run debug......... might that show my problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanx
Charlie

Media Center Registered 11.0.316 -- C:\Program Files\MC11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3048 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 681 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: LITE-ON LTR-48246S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-2510A    Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Occasional 2 channel sound- Any advice?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:43:54 pm »

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 09:07:25 pm »

Jim, I checked the link and the Asus P4P800e-deluxe that I have does come with onboard sound but I have never enabled it.
I have been using this system w/MC for over a year and I have always used the Turtle Beach Card. Up until recently have had no problems.
I honestly feel something is out of wack in DSP studio. I have tried all sorts of combinations trying to resolve the problem but I am not familiar with the terminology or what the settings "should be" for the hardware that I am using.
I might be missing something else tho.......... ideas?

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 08:31:38 am »

Bump......... anyone? Im desperate and can think of nothing else to try.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up